FaceBook App not allowing status updates or check-ins

orecendiz

Reaction score
Is anyone else encountering this issue? When I try to update my status directly from the FB app or if I try to check in to a location, I the following message

"The application Facebook(processcom.facebook.katana) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I can then either force close or retry but neither one helps.

I was having the same problem with my droid x prior to switching over to the droid razr. Earlier this year, i was using the OG droid and had no issues.

Any ideas on how to rectify this problem?

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Are you running the latest Facebook app? The new, redesigned one that came out last week?

OP
O

orecendiz

Reaction score
Are you running the latest Facebook app? The new, redesigned one that came out last week?

Yes, I was hoping that would solve the problem but to my dismay, status update & check in still don't work.

bobbyvip1

Reaction score
What i found is i can only check in on the news feed but not my profile page

bionic. nuff said

Vulgaman

Reaction score
I have a droid Razr and currently facebook chat doesn't work, it just keeps saying unable to load your friends or unable to load at this time.

Can anyone help me understand the problem. I never have problems on any other phones or tablets.

baldybill

Reaction score
On the pc, I can view the statuses in chronological order. Anyway to do this on the fb app?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

flyboySC

Reaction score
I have a similar issue when trying to post status updates to FB on my new phone....it says "Cannot post the status at this time. Try again later." I have downloaded the newest FB app, uninstalled it, then reinstalled it with no change. Settings on FB mobile are on. Any suggestions??

Thanks, (Galaxy Nexus, Verizon)

T

TheAlpha

Its not the phones themselves the fb app had been doing this on every device

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

iRenegade

Reaction score
On the pc, I can view the statuses in chronological order. Anyway to do this on the fb app?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

At the upper right corner in the FB app, trap on the square with lines in it. A drop down box with the option to view statuses with the most recent first should appear.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

shalou

Reaction score
I know this is not helpful but Facebook app is one of the worst apps I have ever had. I guess they just don't care about there users because it his been this way for some time now.