Facebook App, for the LOSS on Droid 2

Gibbsinator

Reaction score
Ok, I love Facebook, and I want it on my phone, but the Facebook app for my Droid 2 is HORRIBLE. I'll explain why.

Cons
-The notifications don't update worth beans, this is pointless, without the notifications updating, it loses it's luster.
-When I click notifications, and see a status, and try to go to it, I'm sometimes routed to a friend's profile, through my BROWSER, full site mode. This is VERY annoying. I don't want an app that uses shortcuts to my browser.
-I used Spare Parts to observe whether Droid 2 has GPS drain(which it doesn't) and actually discovered the Facebook App keeps the phone running, even while you lock it, while still SUCKING. So it will drain your battery, while not being useful.
-Blur helps you keep in contact with Facebook, while not using extra battery life.

So, I would suggest you guys don't waste your time with this app, if you have it, these are some reasons why I suggest getting rid of it. m.facebook.com will work better for you.

My rating: 1/5
Facebook is a HUGE deal and they are becoming a big company, and a lot of people use their phones to connect to their site. This app is far below par for what they're capable of making.

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
they have rolled out some recent updates a few weeks back that were long overdue this facebook app is still being tested they announced that the android facebook will have another major overhaul if i HAd to guess it would be when gingerbread gets released & for all newbs out there this is the new Android O.s supposed to come out this november

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I agree. I have been using a browser to go to the full facebook.com instead of using the app since I got my Droid on its first day of release. FYI - I found touch.facebook.com to be better than m.facebook.com when I was trying them out.