Facebook and 3.1 Problem

schmaltzy

Reaction score
Been running 3.1 for most of the day now and I'm pretty happy with it. One problem though, when I first went and setup my facebook, I selected to only sync with existing contacts. I let it sync, then went to my contacts and all the facebook pictures for those contacts showed up. A couple hours later I went into my contacts and all the pictures were gone. I went back into facebook and the "sync contacts" area was changed to "don't sync". I changed it back to "sync with existing", let it sync, go to my contacts, and none of the pictures are there.

Suggestions?

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
I've always had to "join contacts" manually. Ie; Download contacts from SD then in FB chose "sync with all" then join em, then go back into FB and chose sync with existing. It never works when I just just chose sync w/ existing.

Sent from my 2.3.3 GB Incredible

OP
S

schmaltzy

Reaction score
All my phone contacts that are FB contacts show that they are synced though. If I go in to edit that contact it doesn't show the picture under the facebook information and it says "facebook contact information is not editable on this device." I use to be able to see the picture, long press it, and select "use this picture." Now it doesn't even showing a picture in the contact edit area.

swizzcheez

Reaction score
Yes. I went to the market and uninstalled from there instead of opening it. Then I went back to the market and reinstalled it. I couldn't go the the settings>manage apps.

OP
S

schmaltzy

Reaction score
I tried uninstalling with titanium then re-installed through the UD menu. Same problem. I didn't do any reboots in there. Would that help? Any other suggestions?

codala1810

Reaction score
i personally dont use facebook much myswelf, but i have found that everytime i do anything from the ud menu, i have to reeboot or it wont show anything happened, if that still doesnt work, try installing from the market, im not entirely sure if the version of facebook from the ud menu is the newest version yet,
correct me if im wrong, i dont have my phone handy to check it out