Facebook 1.2

keenish27

Reaction score
I am using 5.0.6.2 with Nextheme and today I decided to update the facebook app to 1.2. When I did this it changed my theme facebook widget to the ugly white one. Is there a way I can get a themed facebook 1.2 widget?

Thanks.

c_mack9

Reaction score
oh i figured i would get an update announcement like the other aps. ill go get it now, thanks. i hate not having inbox support.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am using 5.0.6.2 with Nextheme and today I decided to update the facebook app to 1.2. When I did this it changed my theme facebook widget to the ugly white one. Is there a way I can get a themed facebook 1.2 widget?

Thanks.

The NexTheme port for CM has been suffering from lack of attention as of late, but there are people willing to try to keep it current. Right now I think you're out of luck until someone properly themes the widget for the newest Facebook.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
oh i figured i would get an update announcement like the other aps. ill go get it now, thanks. i hate not having inbox support.

This update also seems to handle pictures properly, which was a pet peeve of mine for months. It would always try to send me to the mobile website whenever I clicked on a picture. I've always been slightly unimpressed with FB on Android but maybe this newer version will improve matters.

powerwagon

Reaction score

Thanks.

I did the exact same thing as you, then I tried Pure Messenger Widget from the Market and it is absolutely awesome. You can view your emails, texts, facebook twitter all in one widget AND it's skinnable so you can keep that smoked look if you want. You may want to give that a shot...it's only $.99

c_mack9

Reaction score

This update also seems to handle pictures properly, which was a pet peeve of mine for months. It would always try to send me to the mobile website whenever I clicked on a picture. I've always been slightly unimpressed with FB on Android but maybe this newer version will improve matters.
yeah this is MUCH better!

lazarus2297

Reaction score

baby steps are better than no steps... the next step in handling pictures would be to incorporate swipe for the albums..... seems as though that would have been logical since the 2.1 update added that for stock droids anyway...but oh well better than always redirecting to mobile site..:)

li2327

Reaction score
I'm glad they made the improvements that they've made so far. It makes the app a lot more enjoyable. Hopefully they'll keep the improvements going.

ralerick

Reaction score
If I update to FB 1.2 by installing it from the Market, will my old Facebook App still be there? If so then is it possible to uninstall the old Facebook, and if so should I uninstall old app? I don't understand why it did not automatically update like other apps.

Riley

Reaction score
If I update to FB 1.2 by installing it from the Market, will my old Facebook App still be there? If so then is it possible to uninstall the old Facebook, and if so should I uninstall old app? I don't understand why it did not automatically update like other apps.

I wonder the same thing. I market app doesn't see it as an update....unless mine already updated and I forgot....can you tell which version you have? My AppBrain app picks up FB needing and update to 1.2.......