Face Unlock With Picture? Myth Confirmed

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
It's definitely not military grade encryption. But it still will be nice not to have to draw my pin! :)
And it's not like I have anything special on my phone. I don't text so I guess they can go spam my FB friends and email contacts! ;) In which case that's happened anyway... ;)

coovee

Reaction score
im guessing, maybe 6 months and they will have that fingerprint idea

doublea500

Reaction score
i can just imagine that my phone was stolen and it had facial recognition and the robbers try to get a picture of me in a street or something. id feel awfully alot like spiderman or any celeb with paparazzi. one things for sure- if my galaxy nexus gets stolen, my facebook profile picture is out as well.

doublea500

Reaction score
im guessing, maybe 6 months and they will have that fingerprint idea

i already saw the fingerprint thing. it wasnt on the touch screen though and odds are my friend was messing with me.

gthotie5

Reaction score
I just thought of something, you can just make a funny face you've never done before when you program your face unlock. Then never do that face unless your unlocking your phone and BAM! :icon_ banana:

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i can just imagine that my phone was stolen and it had facial recognition and the robbers try to get a picture of me in a street or something. id feel awfully alot like spiderman or any celeb with paparazzi. one things for sure- if my galaxy nexus gets stolen, my facebook profile picture is out as well.

They don't care about you or your info. They flash phone to default and sell it on ebay or craigslist.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
i already saw the fingerprint thing. it wasnt on the touch screen though and odds are my friend was messing with me.
The Motorola Atrix has a fingerprint unlock scanner but it was about as much of a flop as the facial recognition feature on the Nexus will be...

[video=youtube;LFmIgNhg0M4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFmIgNhg0M4[/video]

zathus

Reaction score
I fail to see the big deal. Of course a picture works. Anyone expect it to see 3 dimensions? It just picked up on points on your face and matches them.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums