Face Unlock hack?

AdamDX

Reaction score
I'm thinking you could just hold a picture of the person up to the phone to hack em. Just go to their Facebook and hold their phone up to the screen and BAM unlocked. Right?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
Yes it would since the hack the one guy showed was a picture on hisnphone only thing though is the picture would have to be the one person's their face like right in the center

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
That hack has been confirmed but the problem I have with that is usually if u loose ur phone or its stolen, it usually happens n public places. So if someone steals it or u loose it, how r they gonna know what u look like??? The only people capable of this would be people around u that knows its urs, friends, family members, etc. I don't tend to keep untrustworthy people around so for the most part it should do its job I would thank.

Sent from my Moto Droid

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah, it's more of a "stranger" security.

Your friends/family can get into it fairly easily, especially if they have your facebook or something. If you leave it on the bus or something, then no stranger can access it. Most of all though I think it was a convenience feature than a security.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Mwhaha... ;) Yep, I can't wait to pick up a friends phone, grab a FB picture of them and bam!
Leave it to their g33ky friend! xD

Disclaimer: this would be for only entertainment purposes! No friends identity will be stolen! (even without lifelock!) xD