F-r-u-s-t-r-a-t-e-d

beneharris

Reaction score
yeah, get it returned. its probably just buggy, especially if its new. how often do you actually use it? if your texting, or calling constantly, its possible that that could b eyour problem

zakany

Reaction score
There have been reports of bum batteries, so I would return it and see if a new one works differently. Four hours of use is too little.

I love my phone, but I need more than 4 hours. Oh and for the record I did download advanced task killer, and I use constantly. everytime I run it, it finds another long list of apps running. And does anyone know how to delete those two Sprint apps (NFL and Nascar)?
ATK isn't always recommended. Some swear by it, others think it's useless and just eats battery life. I fall in the latter category. The Sprint apps are likely ones you cannot delete. Those are hard-coded into your phone by Sprint. Unless you're comfortable becoming a root user on your phone and hacking its OS, I'd say just ignore them. Droid owners have the same deal with Visual Voice Mail from Verizon. It's merely a persistent, paid app advertisement.

Since many of us are Droid users, you'll see a lot of chatter consistent with Android 2.0.1 and 2.1. I think your phone runs Android 1.5 or 1.6.

bass_lover1

Reaction score
Argh, my brand new (just a few weeks old) Sprint Samsung Moment is losing battery FAST.

I've been reading all the posts about what to turn off, task killer app, etc., but what bothers me, is that everyone keeps saying go to Settings/About/Battery Usage to see what is using up the battery. There is no battery usage in this area on my phone. I thought maybe I needed to download some kind of battery status app, so I did, and it still isn't there.

How in the world can I tell what is using up the darn battery?
Its making me crazy! I have a full charge at 8:00am when I leave the house, and by noon, its almost completely drained.

Does anyone have this phone? Am I even in the right forum (I noticed it only says Motorola and Verizon on this one), but I couldn't find one labeled Sprint.

I love my phone, but I need more than 4 hours. Oh and for the record I did download advanced task killer, and I use constantly. everytime I run it, it finds another long list of apps running. And does anyone know how to delete those two Sprint apps (NFL and Nascar)? I'm a girl who has ZERO interest in those two things so it'd be great to get them off my phone for good.

Can anyone help me find this battery status/usage thing on my phone? :frown:

Because that is a 2.0 feature, you're running 1.5, thus it won't be there.

Se7enLC

Reaction score
But...I thought my phone was a "Droid". It says droid on it. Sprint said it was a droid. I'm confused.

Sprint misled you. It doesn't say "Droid" on it, it says "Android Powered". Android is the operating system. "Droid" is the model name for the Motorola A855 offered by Verizon. Also, it's apparently a trademark licensed from Lucasfilm.

Don't worry, you're not the only one that is confused. It was a bonehead move on Verizon's part naming the phone the Droid. It's the equivalent of making a computer and calling it "Windows".

It's blurring the line between the operating system and the phone model and generally confusing people. Now people are going to be calling ALL android phones "Droids".

Double-bonehead move was when they released the Droid Eris. Now they have TWO phones that they refer to as the Droid.