F-r-u-s-t-r-a-t-e-d

synlupri

Reaction score
Argh, my brand new (just a few weeks old) Sprint Samsung Moment is losing battery FAST.

I've been reading all the posts about what to turn off, task killer app, etc., but what bothers me, is that everyone keeps saying go to Settings/About/Battery Usage to see what is using up the battery. There is no battery usage in this area on my phone. I thought maybe I needed to download some kind of battery status app, so I did, and it still isn't there.

How in the world can I tell what is using up the darn battery?
Its making me crazy! I have a full charge at 8:00am when I leave the house, and by noon, its almost completely drained.

Does anyone have this phone? Am I even in the right forum (I noticed it only says Motorola and Verizon on this one), but I couldn't find one labeled Sprint.

I love my phone, but I need more than 4 hours. Oh and for the record I did download advanced task killer, and I use constantly. everytime I run it, it finds another long list of apps running. And does anyone know how to delete those two Sprint apps (NFL and Nascar)? I'm a girl who has ZERO interest in those two things so it'd be great to get them off my phone for good.

Can anyone help me find this battery status/usage thing on my phone? :frown:

HMJB

Reaction score
Argh, my brand new (just a few weeks old) Sprint Samsung Moment is losing battery FAST.

I've been reading all the posts about what to turn off, task killer app, etc., but what bothers me, is that everyone keeps saying go to Settings/About/Battery Usage to see what is using up the battery. There is no battery usage in this area on my phone. I thought maybe I needed to download some kind of battery status app, so I did, and it still isn't there.

Its making me crazy! I have a full charge at 8:00am when I leave the house, and by noon, its almost completely drained.

Does anyone have this phone? Am I even in the right forum (I noticed it only says Motorola and Verizon on this one), but I couldn't find one labeled Sprint.

I love my phone, but I need more than 4 hours. Oh and for the record I did download advanced task killer, and I use constantly. everytime I run it, it finds another long list of apps running. And does anyone know how to delete those two Sprint apps (NFL and Nascar)? I'm a girl who has ZERO interest in those two things so it'd be great to get them off my phone for good.

Hate to break it to you, but you in the wrong forum for the phone you have.. I suggest returning it for a motorola droid though so we can help you out! We all get 30 days before contract becomes final!

I am just kidding btw

wil318466

Reaction score

Droid will get you at least 6 hours. Thats a 50% increase.

heh. Just kidding.

-Wil

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you have it on a charger, it won't register anything. Unplug it for a few minutes, then plug it back in and take a look. That should do it.

agdaniels

Reaction score
Take it back, its covered under the manufacturers warranty and they'll replace the battery or the phone

OP
S

synlupri

Reaction score
yep, tried that. even tried removing the battery, still no battery usage in settings/about area.

But...I thought my phone was a "Droid". It says droid on it. Sprint said it was a droid. I'm confused.

I found a list of things on another website to turn off (which most already were), but then it also said to remove the the weather channel widget. Perhaps that was my culprit. I dunno. discouraged.

Sorry to butt in on the wrong board. But thanks for trying to help me.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Weather Channel widget would need to 'pull' it's information from the servers. How often do you have your updates scheduled for? Every 5 mins? Every 30? more?

Anything that's constantly updating will drain your battery. Also if you have an Anti-Virus installed, delete that. Would slow your phone, consume battery, and there are no confirmed viruses for the Android platform.

eliassami5

Reaction score
you have an eris, its running the "Android" operating system. The DROID is whole different phone but it also runs the "Android" operating system. I think you have the two confused.

But i would return the phone and have them replace it because your battery should not be draining that quickly..i couldent make my battery drain that fast even if i tried. Well maybe if i was playing Tetris and downloading a large document while also listening to music..but still.

agdaniels

Reaction score
you have an eris, its running the "Android" operating system. The DROID is whole different phone but it also runs the "Android" operating system. I think you have the two confused.

But i would return the phone and have them replace it because your battery should not be draining that quickly..i couldent make my battery drain that fast even if i tried. Well maybe if i was playing Tetris and downloading a large document while also listening to music..but still.

No, its not an eris, its a moment.

samsung-moment-smartphone.jpg

Keep in mind that you pay enough money into sprint with your data package and advanced phone that they shouldn't give you the run around. Explain your situation and get it replaced.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

No, its not an eris, its a moment.

samsung-moment-smartphone.jpg

Keep in mind that you pay enough money into sprint with your data package and advanced phone that they shouldn't give you the run around. Explain your situation and get it replaced.

You don't have an Eris, but the Moment runs on Android OS too just like the Droid and Droid Eris