ezeStand Contest - Feature ideas wanted!

Discussion in 'ezeStand' started by ezeStand, Oct 21, 2010.

1. ezeStand

ezeStand Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK, we are in concept phase for a next generation ezeStand and we really want to get some feedback from the street on what features you think are most important in a desktop holder for your Smartphone. The ezeStand was first created with simplicity in mind to overcome a couple of key features missing in the Motorola Dock - the ability to work with an aftermarket cover or case and the ability to hold the phone upright and sideways and these features will still be the foundation of the ezeStand. We would really appreciate hearing which additional features you think would be great to see with the ezeStand. We'll have a ezeStand bundle giveaway draw ezeStand next week 9/29 ( and anyone who posts is eligible to win.

Thanks and good luck!

PS. You can also follow and post on our facebook page to double your chances to win!

2. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    One thing I thought of was if there was some kind of clip to hold the USB cable connected to the dock, perhaps one that can be added to one or both of the front pillar's backs, that can swivel and has a plastic or rubber gripper that the USB cable can easily press into....... this way if you accidently bang the cable or the stand, you wouldn't cause damage to the micro USB port connector of your phones. Of course if you really banged your cable or stand, there's not too much you can do about that, but this idea would provide some protection from the occasional accidental bumping or pulling of the cable and stand...

It could even be riveted into the back of the back pillar, and we could just run the cable thru that clip behind the stand and then up and around to the phone...
    So there you go, that's all I thought of for now...;)

#2 Mbk, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  3. elcompaLalo

elcompaLalo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would love to see a small speaker/s adapted or molded into the ezeStand, and more importantly facing outward towards the user. Nothing fancy or highend in sound as it won't be used to blasts ound just direct it towards rather then away.

Sent from Droid2

4. superdesi

superdesi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think you should give the options for custom decals like something that says Droid DOES or a android decal. Cheap for you guys to produce the stickers and decals but great option for customers to customize their eZeStand!

5. ypsichick

ypsichick Member

Western KY and W. Los Angeles 3 miles from the bea
    Ratings:
    +0
    A stickey base clip to adapt the stand to your car! I have a flat dip on the dash of my mini-van that would be ideal for adding an adapter to mount your stand, that way it would limit the amount of vibration that is caused by the window mount holders. I think this is a great idea, a car adapter base.:blackdroid:

6. ezeStand

ezeStand Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Very nice! Keep the ideas coming.

7. jaben2

jaben2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No Ideas here.
    I really like the idea about a clip to hold the cable.
    I will definitely be picking one of these up.

8. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Would be nice to have a spare battery charger....just slide an extra battery in the back and charge it up! Don't know how many ppl have extra batteries, but I know im not the only one :)

Sent from my Droid

9. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life

Ratings:
    +4
    Hey so who won?.... would love one more of these great stands...

10. Porkweasel

Porkweasel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Instead of including a clip, how about something as simple as hardwiring the micro usb to the base (roughly 3") and including a place to input a standard USB into the back of the unit for charging. This way those of use who travel with the stand don't have to keep unplugging the right angle cable (reducing the possibility of damaging the cable or USB port) or having to purchase extra cables for travel with the unit. Since it would eliminate the need for buying the right angle cable, you could charge more and we could all use the cables we received with the phones originally.

11. ezeStand

ezeStand Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK, well we decided to give away 3 ezeStand bundles and with only 7 people posting on this thread - the chance of winning were pretty good. We us a random number generator and the winning posts are:
    #2 Mbk
    #5 ypsichick
    #7 jaben2
    Congratulations!
    We will send you a PM with instructions on how to collect your ezeStand.
    Thanks,

12. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks!!!.... love your stands and always can use another in my other office.... cool!!