Exynos 5 Octa-Based Galaxy S4 Destroys All Other Android Devices in Benchmarks

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sgs4-exynos5octa-bench-antutu.png
sgs4-exynos5octa-bench-quadrant.png

This morning's Samsung Galaxy S4 news is both good and bad depending upon which country you live in. The folks at SamMobile were able to get hold of the Exynos 5 Octa-based SGS4 (GT-I9500) and the benchmark results of the device are terrible... terrible as in "likely to cause terror in its competitors." The scores of the new Exynos 5 Octa-based device utterly annihilate every other available Android device on the market. Here's a quote with the results, but the pics obviously speak for themselves.

So, as we had the Octa-Core (GT-I9500) variant of the Galaxy S4, we decided to do some benchmarks. We are just BLOWN away from the results we got. The Galaxy S4 crushed every other device, even the HTC One and the Sony XPERIA Z. We used Antutu and Quadrant as our benchmark tools. The device received a score of 27417 on Antutu and 12726 on Quadrant.

Of course, looking at the bright side, the Snapdragon 600 version is still a very capable and power efficient device based upon early testing. Additionally, it looks like the Exynos 5-octa version isn't massively faster (at least in AnTuTu) than the Snapdragon 600. Perhaps that is some consolation...

For all the folks lucky enough to live in an area of the world that will get this version, just.... WOW! Luck-sack! :)

Source: SamMobile

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The exynos chips are definitely making people take notice...

I hope Intel is watching...I hope they're getting something going too...

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
Battery life is going to be god-awful with that much raw power pulsating through the device, give me quad-core snappy 600 with Razr Maxx battery and I'll take 48 hr+ battery life and Antutu benchmark of 14k any day...

diablo81588

Reaction score
Looks like the graphics performance is the only thing faster on the exynos vs the snapdragon on the s4. It is a little surprising though. I figured the snapdragon would be faster, considering its clocked higher, but it looks like equal cpu performance.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC