Extrordinarily Dissapointed with software patch AND VZW customer care!

OP
B

biglightbt

Reaction score
Cool.

But just be prepared for them to offer you another Bionic. This is normally step one when dealing with these kind of issues. Cause it may just be you got a junk model. I also have a Bionic, and I've gone through two of them. The first one was complete garbage. So maybe a new one will solve your problems.

Try to keep to open mind. If you take the other Bionic it will be noted that you did. If anything goes wrong with the one they send you. You'll have more ammunition for a new model :happy3:

Good point, the bionic they had on display in store had the headphone whine 100x worse than mine did (it was NOT running the update) who knows, but either way the 4G dropout and other problems are not cool.

Also to add something else to the mix, I drive a 2008 Ford Focus with SYNC, and I've found a rather bizzare problem with bluetooth streaming audio dropping in and out, a problem which i also had on my droid X and is directly related to the WiFi being enabled. This is more of a peeve than a serious problem because I cant see myself driving and using wifi at the same time :D

OP
B

biglightbt

Reaction score
Now I'm confused. You say you have, what I have assumed, $300+ headphones, and you still get a whining. I'm using rinky dink little $40 headphones on a droid 2 Global, no white noise, no whining, no clicking, none of that. In fact, I can be sitting on the riding lawn mower, and have my music at a comfortable level, and not even hear the lawn mower. Have you tried the headphones on a known good audio output? Maybe the D2G is just a good phone for music, who knows. And please don't take that as me trashing on your setup. I'm actually kinda jealous.

Sent from my Banana Phone

No worries, Shure SE535's cost about 499$ and are worth every penny. I can say that I used these puppies on my Droid X, which sounded just dandy. This whining is also most noticeable in quiet parts or with media playing and the volume turned all the way down - or it used to be until they increased the frequency of the sound which really makes it stick out bad. I came from SkullKandy Titans myself and on lower quality single-driver earphones hissing becomes far less noticeable, on large driver headphones (ie over the ear) hissing becomes almost silent.

OP
B

biglightbt

Reaction score
Alright ladies and gents, time for some whiplash. Its amazing what a good nights sleep will do to your mind. After looking at any reasonable replacements for the bionic i was surprised to find nothing that can really match it with the HTC Rezound being the only comparable device (extended battery is important to me). The Galaxy Nexus has no MicroSD slot NOR USB Mass storage support, that's a deal killer in almost anyone's book. But I do have a more interesting question. In the wild world of rooting it seems that almost anything is possible, Motorola simply raised the frequency of the whine to an almost inaudible frequency, why not just bump it up by a few more KHz so it really is out of the range of human hearing? That would certainly be a major fix in my opinion. If moto dosent do this when ICS or another fix it patch comes out what exactly prevents root users from making this adjustment themselves?