****EXTREMELY IMPORTANT**** GB could brick your phone...read.

wooddale

Reaction score
download gps status and toolbox from market.

clear cache/data from maps in settings.

open the app...menu...reset agps...menu...download agps...open navigation...enjoy faster gps locks.
That is NOT a permanent fix. And it rarely works. It will show 3/4 satellites and still put me a couple miles away. Gb's radio was spot on. I may just run gb and not give a pink pony about bricking. $600 won't break the bank.

sorry it doesnt work for you. It fixed mine permanently so far.
It didnt work for me either. I did notice though if I put wifi on it works almost instantly. I just came home from a trip it worked good not excelent but good. My DX was wright on all the trime.going out again tommorow gonna see if your fix works better. Thanks

RVC

Reaction score
Is this GB bricking the phone still a problem? I just flashed gingeritis and the MR2 radio. Thanks!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

wooddale

Reaction score
Is this GB bricking the phone still a problem? I just flashed gingeritis and the MR2 radio. Thanks!

No not so far with new radio im on it

npro1464

Reaction score

I would like to know this as well. Are the new radios out safe? I'd really like to get on the latest BAMF gb rom. I'm dying for some gb and Sense 3.0!!!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X

I would like to know this as well. Are the new radios out safe? I'd really like to get on the latest BAMF gb rom. I'm dying for some gb and Sense 3.0!!!

Not any safer than what you are using now. Haven't heard of any hard bricking with the latest gb radios.

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen

Not any safer than what you are using now. Haven't heard of any hard bricking with the latest gb radios.

So what exactly is the latest radio? I've been running Froyo based ROMs as I've been nervous from what I've read and I just got my Tbolt not long ago. I've been on VirusROM and it's been very stable and very fast with no reboot problems. I've been wanting to play with cleaned up Sense, though. I have a stock backup w/root, should I worry about a brick still?

wooddale

Reaction score

So what exactly is the latest radio? I've been running Froyo based ROMs as I've been nervous from what I've read and I just got my Tbolt not long ago. I've been on VirusROM and it's been very stable and very fast with no reboot problems. I've been wanting to play with cleaned up Sense, though. I have a stock backup w/root, should I worry about a brick still?

If you go to ginger you cant just go back to froyo you need to have the radio you are on now and the stock froyo backup. As for the Ginger radios they are saying MR2 for RC3

Bretski169

Reaction score
So. I need to make sure of something. If I flash a GB Rom. It has to have the Mr2.5 radio? If I have a back up of my stock Rom. Would I be able to go back to that? Just got my thunderbolt so I'm learning about it.

Sent from my Thundy using DroidForums

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Threat is gone. Risk is on u now. If u do something wrong u could brick but gb is safe now

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums