Extremely hot while using google maps....

pobrien904

Reaction score
Hello all

So I was using my droid as a nav device with the car dock... I have been finding that the phone reaches 50 to 57 degrees C while in use.

Also the battery dies faster than the charger can charge it.... any suggestions???

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

djmike3436

Reaction score
Wish I knew. Mine got extremely hot while charging. It had a different screen and was hot to the touch. Took out the battery and let it cool; then no problems after that.

ObieNobie

Reaction score
I've seen this too but I then read a article online that said this batteries are made to withstand heat and stress tests have gotton them to I think 190f without failure (dont quote me ik out was somewhere really highlike that) as for charging issue I have mo idea I've rin maps wireless tethering and watched youtube vids at once and my car still charged it

TrueSpin

Reaction score
The biggest hurdle is that the sun is beating the back of the phone.... remove that and temps will drop.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

OP
P

pobrien904

Reaction score
Ill have to try to keep it out of the sun to see if it helps.

It still works fine, just hot. And well, the battery drains faster than the charger can charger... maybe I should try a new charger?

bgrade

Reaction score
My charger cant keep up with it only if im listening to music and using maps and have the display brightness at 100%, i find that if i keep it at 50%, thats sufficient inside the car and the charger stays ahead.

biknut1

Reaction score
Juice

Hello all

So I was using my droid as a nav device with the car dock... I have been finding that the phone reaches 50 to 57 degrees C while in use.

Also the battery dies faster than the charger can charge it.... any suggestions???

These phones tend to get hot with use anyhow as they are portable computers, more or less. If you have a car charger, hope it's a Moto charger. These "truck stop" chargers (which I have bought several of for other phones with no problem) don't allow enough juice to get to the phone for even minor use. Make sure you have a Moto charger- if not, try that first.

keolawills

Reaction score
My phone overheated today while charging and playing angry birds. It discharged the battery almost completely and i got the "battery hot" warning. I was using a belkin usb charger that i got for my ipod i dont use anymore. Havent had this issue before when using verizon chargers.

sent from a constantly evolving Angel

Audiophile

Reaction score
I've had this happened to me too and noticed that not only will the phone discharge faster than the charger can charge, but that there's a point when the charger is not able to charge whatsoever. It looks like half of it is because of using Navigation/Maps, and also just the sun beating down on my black phone during the Texas summer.

The best thing I've done to help with this problem is point one of my air conditioner vents directly at my phone/car dock and have it go on basically full blast.