Extremely fustrated!!! Please help with ROM Manager...

bishop7262

Reaction score
Every time I choose to backup my rom I get as far as the Square with ! icon and it reboots my phone. I cannot even install rom from sd card because it does the same exact thing. The Flash Alternate Recovery is not even highlighted for me to choose that option. I am trying to install my ROM and just cannot get things to work.

Also when I am in recovery mod it shows it as Android system recovery (3e). And an error reading at the bottom E: Can't open /cache/recover/command

Please help!!!

Last edited:

Getti33

Reaction score
im having the same problem and i do have boot strap....havent got to mess with it much.

just thought id let you know that this might not be the problem

BlownSi05

Reaction score
Permission issues perhaps? Run "Fix Permissions" in ROM Manager and reboot. Also you do need Bootstrapper. Run bootstrap recovery, then reboot recovery and do everything from there.

OP
B

bishop7262

Reaction score
Ok now got it work. thank you! BTW, there is not a lot of ROMS for the Droid X like the Droid. Reasons why?

Reaction score
Uh because the D1 came out over a year ago? Lol, also the unlocked bootloader on the D1 helps.

Question, why use rom manager with the X? Waste of time/money when bootstrap is 1,000x better.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
B

bishop7262

Reaction score
I use to have a Droid. So had purchased ROM Manager for that.

Thanks for all the help everyone

pyroelite

Reaction score
Uh because the D1 came out over a year ago? Lol, also the unlocked bootloader on the D1 helps.

Question, why use rom manager with the X? Waste of time/money when bootstrap is 1,000x better.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Rom manager can be good for finding roms that work specifically for your phone in one place, iow, less tedious than tracking them down on various forums. It would def help if more devs submitted their roms & themes to koush for implementation on the DX tho...

Sent from my DROIDX