Extremely disappointed in our community

droidtom

Reaction score
Stuff like that reminds me of crackberry. I wouldn't even tell most of my customers about that site because of the childish attitude on there. I've been hoping this site would stay positive but lately had been having my doubts. I'm glad its being handled.

huskur

Reaction score
BD will be up and running soon so there is no need to worry that it's been closed indefinitely.

Is this a verizon "soon" or what. Just curious......I am waiting to install the ROM from the Developer that i have chosen (BD) until i can have a open discussion if i run into issues. I know there is a rescue squad but having others with identical problems is priceless when solving issues

smrivera80

Reaction score
Several years ago, I was co-administrator on a popular message board; we had discussions from thousands of users in 20 or 30 forums that ran the gamut from computers to current events to movies and music. Speaking from experience, when you have an individual or group of individuals that decide to start a flame war or spam a forum, action has to be taken quickly to prevent it from becoming more widespread. Especially if those individuals are trying to recruit new members to the forum for the express purpose of spamming it. I'm taking things slowly with my Droid, so I haven't ventured into the hacking/ROM forums too much yet and did not witness what's being discussed here. But if it was as bad as it sounds, I don't fault the MODS whatsoever with closing the forum while this problem is brought under control. It's a hard job to moderate or administrate a forum; there's a gray area between too much and too little moderation. But the quickest way to kill a good message board is poor moderation. Members who come here looking for good information and to socialize with others who have a common interest will find somewhere else to go if the inmates start running the asylum. I applaud the mods for taking action to protect those members.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stuff like that reminds me of crackberry. I wouldn't even tell most of my customers about that site because of the childish attitude on there. I've been hoping this site would stay positive but lately had been having my doubts. I'm glad its being handled.

Well, our #1 goal IMHO, at least my #1 goal is for this site not to be Crackberry. Most of what went down yesterday was reaction from people who joined the forum to flood us. Our regular members, for the most part did not participate.

I think we are doing everything feasible to take care of this situation.

jbernard703

Reaction score
I disagree. I am very proud of the community. When members feel a wrong has been done they mobilized to voice their displeasure. In this situation, you may not agree with the tactics and many people may have just piled on for the adolescent joy of it all, but they had every right to do what they did. With that being said the mods here had every right to lock the thread or to ban whomever they felt necessary to ban. It is their site and they can so as they please. For me their is only one question remaining. Did BlackDroid use CyanogenMod has his source and if so why did he not credit it? I am sure Cyanogen will or has given DroidForums any evidence to support his position. If UltimateDroid was compiled from Cyanogen's, then i would expect some type of actions to be taken by DroidForums, if it was not compiled from Cyanogen's source then i would expect an apology for BlackDroid.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't officially say anything as of this time, however i can say that we have talked to both parties involved. And I believe you will see the appropriate and fair measures taken to try and get this resolved.

OP
Mojo

Mojo

Reaction score
MoJo,

Thanks for your post, especially Post 1 !!

KUDOS! :)

Thanks! As a member of this community I had to express my thoughts on this because I and others have fallen victim to the subsequent consequences the staff has been forced to take over a small number jackasses on this forum. Its sad really. But any who you guys keep up the good work. And to the members that have posted in this thread... thank-you for expressing your support in a constructive manner! I was worried that I would get a lot of troll comments, but its is the opposite. :) thank you

jbg25

Reaction score
I disagree. I am very proud of the community. When members feel a wrong has been done they mobilized to voice their displeasure. In this situation, you may not agree with the tactics and many people may have just piled on for the adolescent joy of it all, but they had every right to do what they did. With that being said the mods here had every right to lock the thread or to ban whomever they felt necessary to ban. It is their site and they can so as they please. For me their is only one question remaining. Did BlackDroid use CyanogenMod has his source and if so why did he not credit it? I am sure Cyanogen will or has given DroidForums any evidence to support his position. If UltimateDroid was compiled from Cyanogen's, then i would expect some type of actions to be taken by DroidForums, if it was not compiled from Cyanogen's source then i would expect an apology for BlackDroid.

Unfortunately I don't totally agree with your points as I think it ignores certain issues... But I applaud you because at least you have the decency to post under your real ID...and maintain a level of respect.

The people being talked about here are those who have fake screen names an whos only intent is to disrupt. IF you are defending those peoples actions, then maybe I am wrong with my previous statements about you.

Edit: I have no stake in all of this and love all this open source stuff. Just want my phone to run fast and do what I want. Today...that means UDv10. 3 weeks ago that meant CM5.0.5.7. And 3 weeks from now it could be a ROM some genius 14 y/o cooked up (ok maybe not...but you get the point).

Last edited:

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Mojo,

And FWIW, I an not "Displeased" with our Community at all, I am displeased at what some "outsiders" and maybe a few here tried to do to our GREAT Community.

I couldn't be PROUDER of the DroidForums Community as a whole, it just ticks me off what they have been subjected to lately by "some"!!

NOT FAIR, and NOT RIGHT!

It's funny you mention being a Mod on another forum, so I am sure you have a clue what we have to "combat" to try and make DroidForums a fun place for everyone to enjoy learning and discussing our Droids!

But for all the others, I have just recently became a Mod here, but have been here on DroidForums basically since the beginning, you guys have NO CLUE what goes on in the background and how hard these guys work Day and Niight trying to make this the best place for EVERYONE!

When I first logged on a s Mod and had access to the inner workings I was honestly in SHOCK at the crap the Admins/Mods have to deal with constantly day and night! I thought what the heck have I been drafted for!! AND this was a week ago before the "current stuff" started happening!!!!! SCARY!!

But, you know I feel the same as the other Admins/Mods here and truly want to do anything I can to contiune making DroidForums the absolute BEST place for ALL Droiders to come, learn, discuss and enjoys ownership of the DROID! So I jumped in and have been doing my best to do the right thing for everyone at all times!

FYI, DroidForums was my home long before I was a Mod and still is (they just gave me a key to the cellar) and I still think it is a FANTASTIC COMMUNITY that I am proud to call my "Droid Home" !!!!

Last edited:
OP
Mojo

Mojo

Reaction score

I appreciate your opinion in the first sentence or two... but the why, who's and what's about ANY DEVELOPER ROMS will not be addressed in this thread. I personally do not care for answers about that. It is being looked into PRIVATELY. Please respect my thread and keep it on topic.

Tegamal

Reaction score
I just read the first post & had to say...

:clap:

I don't know where else I would have gotten all the help I have since getting my Droid (even before, actually). This community is full of helpful, dedicated, & for the most part incredibly friendly people. I love it here!

I hate when people start Flame Wars because this rom is better than this one, or my rom does more than yours. The thing that REALLY irritates me is the ones that say "Stock sucks, you need to Root!". Who are you to tell someone what to do with THEIR property?

I was on the fence for a long time about gaining root access, then DroidMod came out & I took the plunge. Then 2.1 came out & I unrooted to try it. Wasn't thrilled with it, so I gave BB a try (You'll notice I will not include my impressions of BB in this thread, as it is not viable info). No one forced me into this decision, but (like with any mod), I took a risk of damaging my phone. No one has the right to apply peer pressure, just because "everyone's doing it". What are we, 6 years old?

Why does anyone try to impose their own preferences to others? Just point out what you like about your choice of Rom, & IF you tried others, what didn't you like about that one? No shouting, screaming, insulting, cursing, or fighting necessary.

/rant off

jbg25

Reaction score
Mojo,

But for all the others, I have just recently became a Mod here, but have been here on DroidForums basically since the beginning, you guys have no CLUE what goes on in the background and how hard these guys work Day and Niight trying to make this the best place for EVERYONE!

When I first logged on a s Mod and had access to the inner workings I was honestly in SHOCK at the crap the Admins/Mods have to deal with constantly day and night! I thought what the heck have I been drafted for!! AND this was a week ago before the "current stuff" started happening!!!!! SCARY!!

I can't imagine how bad you guys have it. I am a mod also on a small forum of only 5000 users. It is a daily battle to stop the spam and keep things civil. And most of those people are not tech savvy! I cant imagine the stuff you guys must see.

OP
Mojo

Mojo

Reaction score
I disagree. I am very proud of the community.

:clap: Much nicer here than most places. Poor title choice IMHO. Cheers, JB.

You are correct.. I should/could have choose a better title. As the people that caused this mess in the first place is a small fraction compared to the total members. So yes, its not fair to put everyone in that category. Poor choice in title on me. But in my defense I was fustraited when I wrote it.. and really did not know what to title it as.
Mojo,

And FWIW, I an not "Displeased" with our Community at all, I am displeased at what some "outsiders" and maybe a few here tried to do to our GREAT Community.

I couldn't be PROUDER of the DroidForums Community as a whole, it just ticks me off what they have been subjected to lately by "some"!!

NOT FAIR, and NOT RIGHT!

It's funny you mention being a Mod on another forum, so I am sure you have a clue what we have to "combat" to try and make DroidForums a fun place for everyone to enjoy learning and discussing our Droids!

But for all the others, I have just recently became a Mod here, but have been here on DroidForums basically since the beginning, you guys have no CLUE what goes on in the background and how hard these guys work Day and Niight trying to make this the best place for EVERYONE!

But, you know I feel the same as the other Admins/Mods here and truly want to do anything I can to contiune making DroidForums the absolute BEST place for ALL Droiders to come, learn, discuss and enjoys ownership of the DROID! So I jumped in and have been doing my best to do the right thing for everyone at all times!

FYI, DroidForums was my home long before I was a Mod and still is (they just gave me a key to the cellar) and I still think it is a FANTASTIC COMMUNITY that I am proud to call my "Droid Home" !!!!

Yes being a mod is a thankless job. But I appreciate all you guys do. And for the record I think the community is great too! Just disappointed in actions of some. Whether it be new members that joined to troll or long time veterans of the site... I have seen out of line post by both.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I think most everyone, including the OP is taking their Droid and/or this "community" just a little too serious. :icon_rolleyes: