Extremely disappointed in our community

Nedaroth

Reaction score
This is all being handled wrong and everyone is at fault, mods, BD, and hack members. To shut down the forum was wrong, it servers no purpose. There are a lot of non major issues that can be handled with out BD needing to come on the forum every 5min.

The mods need to keep the threads on topic, just read the threads and you will see why it so hard to get a reply for help. So now you got who knows how many non working droids out there for first time rooters, just because they are stuck and not because of a faulty rom.

The partition tease was a bust , i believe BD was at fault here. He wipped everyone into a frenzy over it, so know you have everyone in a made dash to partition the phone before v10 is released, its no wonder there was so many problems.

Hell i have a non partition phone with UDv10 and it runs like a top, I just want to know how to theme it with his update.zip and i cant even do that because the forum is down:mad:

OP
Mojo

Mojo

Reaction score
I've been (am) a mod on another site. I'm not mad at staff, they are having to deal with a mess in a way that they feel will best serve the developers and the community in a whole. We have to keep in mind conversation behind the scenes we are not able to see. Whether we agree with the process they are taking or not. We as members have to do our part to help this situation out. Once these issues are resolved we can keep this from happening again by simply doing the things I suggested. For example, the alleged post by cyanogen that got deleted and caused a stir.. if that poster would have went to a staff member in private the whole issue could and most likely been handeled in a completely different manner. But instead a thread was created, it got closed.. then Blackdroid section is closed for discussion. And then people feel left in the dark and want answers.. so forth and so on.
If it was taken private first, the threads would probably be open, the staff could investigate properly and disscusss proper action. Do what then need to do and be able to tell us if needed why their actions was taken. I guess I'm trying to say if you approach matters in a hostel manner (flaming, fanboy/ cheerleader type posting) you usually get met with hostel actions/responses. Approach things in a more calm and professional way that respects the community as a whole will make this place a much funner place to learn.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
First off I want to commend the OP for a terrific post. I cannot agree more with what you said.

I'd also like to add that the membership here is phenomenal and for the amount of members here it is one of the friendliest forums I have ever been on.

I like talking to EVERYONE here. The user base is VERY diverse and everybody brings their own personality, knowledge and flavor to the boards. You all are great and if I could personally thank each and everyone of you for making this such a great place I would.

I actually could but that would be almost 60,000 PM's : )

We had to close down the BD area because it became out of hand and a flame war. Unfortunately A LOT of members got caught in the crossfire.

A thread for people looking for UD v10 support became anything but. It was like a home being flooded and the ONLY way to stop the flood was to board up the windows and doors.

I 100% agree that it simply is not fair that the majority has suffered because of what the minority did. I've voiced my displeasure in the Mod forum saying such but here we are.

I deeply apologize that this had to happen but it was really the LAST resort.

BD will be up and running soon so there is no need to worry that it's been closed indefinitely. He WILL be up and running again.

I hope that helps to shed some light on the situation and again we here at DF do apologize for the inconvenience.

I do recommend checking out the Rescue Squad in the interim. Those guys are on the ball and can field a lot of different questions and issues on ROMS.

Thanks everyone for your support and understanding.

Last edited:
OP
Mojo

Mojo

Reaction score
CK thank you, and thank you for letting us know what the current situation is and why action was taken.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The fanboyism here has been out of control for a while. There was a thread I tried to post in about the benefits of stock/rooted 2.1 over-clocked being faster and more stable than some roms and I had a guy with "beta user" in his title and noted as a supporting member of this site basically go into a rage and try to troll me in two different threads.

I just don't see the point in being a fanboy of this or that rom and using that as a basis to fight with people. Personally I think the droid community is good over-all, especially the many developers we have (roms, games, and applications) it's just a small selection of fanboys who are the issue.

You really need to calm down, and learn to let go of your pent up emotions. Nobody is required to agree with you, no matter how much you may want it to happen. Why don't you just come out and say, wahhhhhh, adrynalyne disagreed with me and was a big meanie! instead of the nonsense of some guy witha blue beta team tag and supporting member in his name....

Being that you are clearly referring to me, I wonder...what am I fanboy of?

Last edited:

Kolaz

Reaction score
Well said. I especially liked the Forrest Gump quote!

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think the decision to lock the forum was the last resort and was not done on a whim, it needed to be done.
other forums and twitter were full of people urging others to sign up just to flood the forum with anger.
there was no other choice at that point.
the mods/admins had a rough decision to make, they were placed in that position by the people posting.
al in all it was handled as well as it could be.

jbg25

Reaction score
Total agreement on the OP...I was thinking the exact same thing. But you have to realize that the law of averages will get you every time. You put this many people together...and you will always have that small unwanted group of trolls who do not know how to behave when they are not being held personally responsible for their comments. I bet if we were all sitting in a room talking, none of them would have the balls to act like they do.

This is all being handled wrong and everyone is at fault, mods, BD, and hack members. To shut down the forum was wrong, it servers no purpose. There are a lot of non major issues that can be handled with out BD needing to come on the forum every 5min.

The mods need to keep the threads on topic, just read the threads and you will see why it so hard to get a reply for help. So now you got who knows how many non working droids out there for first time rooters, just because they are stuck and not because of a faulty rom.

The partition tease was a bust , i believe BD was at fault here. He wipped everyone into a frenzy over it, so know you have everyone in a made dash to partition the phone before v10 is released, its no wonder there was so many problems.

Hell i have a non partition phone with UDv10 and it runs like a top, I just want to know how to theme it with his update.zip and i cant even do that because the forum is down:mad:

You could not be MORE wrong. With trolls posting every 20 seconds...one who decided that on a forum with UNDERAGED CHILDREN it was ok to post EPIC B**Bs and then post a picture of a naked woman 50 times.

You think that is ok and we should just let it go on?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
We have no need for fanboyism here in terms of ROMs, but of the Android Devices in general.

I'm dumbfounded that there has to be, the fact that someone fiinds X ROM to be better IN THEIR OPINION than Y ROM is no basis for a war. Both persons use a DROID.

We all do what is best for us, that includes the apps we load, run, ROMs, to root or not, etc.

If there is no respect for that ideal, then ... I say flog everyone involved with wet noodles until their Droid's moisture indicators go solid.

CatsTide

Reaction score
First off I want to commend the OP for a terrific post. I cannot agree more with what you said.

I'd also like to add that the membership here is phenomenal and for the amount of members here it is one of the friendliest forums I have ever been on.

I like talking to EVERYONE here. The user base is VERY diverse and everybody brings their own personality, knowledge and flavor to the boards. You all are great and if I could personally thank each and everyone of you for making this such a great place I would.

I actually could but that would be almost 60,000 PM's : )

We had to close down the BD area because it became out of hand and a flame war. Unfortunately A LOT of members got caught in the crossfire.

A thread for people looking for UD v10 support became anything but. It was like a home being flooded and the ONLY way to stop the flood was to board up the windows and doors.

I 100% agree that it simply is not fair that the majority has suffered because of what the minority did. I've voiced my displeasure in the Mod forum saying such but here we are.

I deeply apologize that this had to happen but it was really the LAST resort.

BD will be up and running soon so there is no need to worry that it's been closed indefinitely. He WILL be up and running again.

I hope that helps to shed some light on the situation and again we here at DF do apologize for the inconvenience.

I do recommend checking out the Rescue Squad in the interim. Those guys are on the ball and can field a lot of different questions and issues on ROMS.

Thanks everyone for your support and understanding.
this is the first explanation i have heard from a mod...thanks:)

dave4100

Reaction score
Just goes to show you the passion some people have regarding roms. I personally don't have an allegiance to any one in particular. I will always keep trying all of the new roms that come out. Thats the beauty of the Droid. I think its great that we have a device that we can constantly change up. Thats what this phone is all about. At least in my opinion. Enjoy the openess of it. At some point, it could be locked down and then become boring.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
We have no need for fanboyism here in terms of ROMs, but of the Android Devices in general.

I'm dumbfounded that there has to be, the fact that someone fiinds X ROM to be better IN THEIR OPINION than Y ROM is no basis for a war. Both persons use a DROID.

We all do what is best for us, that includes the apps we load, run, ROMs, to root or not, etc.

If there is no respect for that ideal, then ... I say flog everyone involved with wet noodles until their Droid's moisture indicators go solid.

DANG... seeing all the "common sense" coming out in this thread is GREAT!

THANKS! :)