EXTREMELY bad battery life...

Yodes

Reaction score
Now before you start telling me do X and do Y, I have had a Droid since the release and have had no major battery issues other than what you would expect from a smartphone. Anyways the past four days my battery has been absolutely terrible. I've even tried things such as airplane mode, and underclocking my droid to run at 250mHz to see if that would help, but to no avail. I have timed my time from unplugging the droid at 100% battery until it dies on me to be:

Day 1: 2hrs 20min
Day 2: 2hrs 30min
Day 3: 1hr 45min
Day 4: ~2hrs

The ONLY thing that I have changed about my droid is that I have updated from sholes mod X.3 to X.5. Has anyone else experienced my issue? Any recomendations on what I can do? Is this something Verizon can replace for me? (Though I don't know how I could show them the battery drain on it)

Thanks in advance for the replies.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
If you made a nandroid backup of SM 2.0.3 go back and see if that helps

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
There are some accounts of this happening after an update, revert back and see what happens.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I went back to 2.0.1 after trying 2.0.5 for a few days. I see no change in battery use other then the fact that I played with it so much when it was 2.0.5. Yesterday I used it normally and it's at the same spot today.

Sp3aK

Reaction score
Do you use the default power bar widget? I was having some issues until I realized that leaving sync on and being at work with low signal at work caused it to drain quicker.

Anyway an area with low signal and gps, sync, bluetooth, and wifi on will cause it to go down faster.

mrdroid

Reaction score
I've had terrible battery life since upgrading to 2.0.5. I restored back to factory and I'm still suffering from terrible battery life. Not 2hrs bad but I have to charge nightly now. I was going 3 full days before needing a charge.

OP
Yodes

Yodes

Reaction score
Ok I'm going to revert back to 2.0.3 and see if that helps. If not I'll go all the way back to stock 2.0.1. I love all the benefits of being rooted but its not worth it if my phone lasts about 2 hours.:)

solorca

Reaction score
I chatted online with Motorola about my poor battery life and they sent me a replacement battery for free. I didn't even ask for one, I was just asking about what I could do.