Extreme difficulty/complications for me getting the Droid X...Please help!

woogyboogy

Reaction score
Ok, So, years ago I was with Alltel, then when Verizon bought them out I was able to do everything through Verizon, but was technically still on Alltel. So now I have had my phone for about 2 years and 5 months, and I'm extremely interested in the X, I've tried it out at the stores, and I've been following up on it through forums as soon as the first threads came out. My problem now is...

1. I need to become a Verizon customer, which will supposedly will cost me $20 more a month(I'm ok with that thought).

2. Every store in town is sold out(of course) Except for walmart!
So, I'm not sure if I can do it any other way without it being a new contract or an extension.

Before I can go into walmart, I know I have to switch to Verizon and see if I can get some type of deal, but knowing the people at walmart it will be slim to none.

Here is the link to the Droid X for walmart:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/T-Mobile-HTC-myTouch-Smartphone-Black-Price-with-2-Year-Contract/11997410

If anyone has any experience/suggestions with this please let me know!!!

garath

Reaction score
Ok, So, years ago I was with Alltel, then when Verizon bought them out I was able to do everything through Verizon, but was technically still on Alltel. So now I have had my phone for about 2 years and 5 months, and I'm extremely interested in the X, I've tried it out at the stores, and I've been following up on it through forums as soon as the first threads came out. My problem now is...

1. I need to become a Verizon customer, which will supposedly will cost me $20 more a month(I'm ok with that thought).

2. Every store in town is sold out(of course) Except for walmart!
So, I'm not sure if I can do it any other way without it being a new contract or an extension.

Before I can go into walmart, I know I have to switch to Verizon and see if I can get some type of deal, but knowing the people at walmart it will be slim to none.

Here is the link to the Droid X for walmart:
Walmart.com: Verizon - Droid X Smartphone by Motorola (Price with New 2-yr Contract): Home Office

If anyone has any experience/suggestions with this please let me know!!!

You might just have to bite the bullet and wait like the rest of us :)

Order in a corporate store or via customer service and they'll switch you to Verizon and the phone will be shipped to you.

viper08

Reaction score
for some of you who have to wait that awful two to three week period to get a droid x ....there is a independent cell phone company that has a limited supply of them...i just got mine yesterday,i ordered it friday and got it on tuesday ...if any one wants any more info pm me and i would be glad to tell you where to go and who to contact