1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Extras for Steel Droid! [IDEAS]

Discussion in 'Steel Droid' started by chevycam94, Oct 4, 2010.

1. chevycam94

chevycam94 Steel Droid ROM Developer Developer

OK, so my ROM is not top of heap, and I dont ever expect it to be. I am doing this because I enjoy giving others some of what I do. Now it your turn to give back. I want to add extra flare to my ROM, without going over the top, or going too far. Looking for boot animations to match my ROM, maybe even a few choices of boot logos to match, that replace the Motorola "M" logo (in SBF format, of course). Maybe some new UI sounds, or ringtones. I know I would like to see more out of my ROM, and I think you guys would too. Any suggestions would be great, and if you have something you want to add to my ROM, post it here, and get some feedback. I check back VERY often, so I will get a chance to see just about everything that gets posted.
  2. keyblade

keyblade New Member

I think one of the best things to see in a ROM is a "Reboot" option in the power menu, along with a "Reboot Recovery" if at all possible. I always forget how useful they are until they're gone. :(
  3. chevycam94

chevycam94 Steel Droid ROM Developer Developer

I wanted to add that option to my ROM, but I think that can only be done through a source-based ROM. Im not even sure where to add that option in at in a source-ROM.
  4. keyblade

keyblade New Member

Quite possible, I'm not up on the whole how-to-create-a-ROM thing, so I wouldn't know. :)
  5. jev

jev Member

I like the LED tweaks in Shadow, UD, and CM. And also the color change options in those three. I realize those are CM based, but those are the options I usually use the most and I look for in the rom I run. As far as themes, I'm gonna try raidzero's alien theme as well as Darkedge and see how it goes. I'll report back my experience.
  6. TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27 New Member

The reboot options would be great but Quickboot does the same thing even faster...the rotary lockscreen would be nice, seems they are being incorporated in all the new Roms these days...

I would like to see the Galaxy S theme ported to these Rom's....:)
  7. ldrbuck

ldrbuck New Member

Love the ROM, I would like to be able to choose a different lock screen like LFY has. If you could imcorporate the old rotary style that would be awesome.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Search tags for this page

steel droid extras