Extra sensitive keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigbyDNh

Reaction score
I have the DROID 3 and my on screen keyboard at times can be really extra sensitive and type multiple letters at one time. Does anyone else's do that and is there something I can do to fix it?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
D

DigbyDNh

Reaction score
I have the DROID 3 and my on screen keyboard weather it be default or an installed one can be extra sensitive at times and type multiple letters. Is anyone else's doing this and is there something I could do to fix it?

Shimmy549

Reaction score
Have you noticed that the screen itself is too sensitive? Do you make a lot of accidental selections, or is this strictly a keyboard issue?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
D

DigbyDNh

Reaction score
The extremely too. Sometimes when scrolling like on fb it acts kinda goofy

Shimmy549

Reaction score
My screen jitters from time to time, but it passes pretty quickly.

If this has been happening the whole time you've had the phone, it might be a good idea to ask for a replacement.

You could try a factory reset first, just be sure to backup your important files to your sd card.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
D

DigbyDNh

Reaction score
Thanks I'll try that

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Factory reset had zero effect on my physical keyboard's performance. Mine actually had the opposite problem: keyboard often refused to type certain characters. After the WIFI stopped working I decided to go for a "certified new" replacement and the keyboard works absolutely perfectly every time. Unfortunately, this one has to go back because the screen is messed up...

:blink: yet I still love the D3!

OP
D

DigbyDNh

Reaction score
What was wrong with ure screen. When I first got my "certified like new" the middle of my screen didn't work and had to send it back for another "like new" and now the keyboard is way too sensitive. Hmm maybe there a trend

NoBloatware

Reaction score
The top of the screen doesn't respond to touch sensitivity. My next "certified new" phone arrives today and I'm hoping that it's perfect...

I won't be settling for any over-sensitivity or under-sensitivity with the keyboard. We'll see.

OP
D

DigbyDNh

Reaction score
I think I might call and see what they can do but if I have to do a factory reset then I'll just keep what I have.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I think I might call and see what they can do but if I have to do a factory reset then I'll just keep what I have.

They'll probably want you to factory reset. I used to avoid factory resets but I've done it so many times recently that I'm not skittish about it anymore. Just make a list of your apps and back up all data, especially pictures & videos you've taken and data in any apps (notes in a notepad, special email settings, etc.)

I was living with a physical keyboard that wouldn't type the letter A unless I was very forceful, but I'm not going to put up with that type of thing now. If the physical keyboard doesn't perform perfectly, I'm sending it back. The whole point of a D3 is that it was supposed to have an awesome keyboard. The one I have now is PERFECT. If only the screen responded to touch I'd be very happy.

OP
D

DigbyDNh

Reaction score
Well I'm not doing another factory reset so I'll just stay with this phone. It's not to bad just real real touchy every once in awhile. Thanks

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Got my certified new phone today and it really is like new. I've spent the last few hours setting it up and testing it and all seems perfect. If you're having trouble with keyboard sensitivity or insensitivity I would:
- experiment with different keyboard settings
- try a factory reset
- call VZ and see if they'll send you a replacement

OP
D

DigbyDNh

Reaction score
That great and thanks for the advise I'll sure thunk about it

Status
Not open for further replies.