Extra Capacity Battery - Worth it?

Discussion in 'Samsung Stratosphere' started by riffraff, Apr 23, 2012.

1. riffraff

riffraff New Member

Verizon shows me an extended life battery last week, 50% off, $25. I use my Statosphere in various restaurants throughout my day with no real desk to plug in a charger. I was in two stores today and my battery was down to 20%. Is the extra capacity battery worth it? Hopefully it will still fit into my leather, flap-lid holster. If you have one, give me a shout.
  2. deduct

deduct Well-Known Member

My wife has stratosphere and I am considering getting one for hers. I could not go back to stock battery on my bionic. Extended battery has more than doubled my battery life. I say go for it.

Sent from my eclipsed bionic
  3. kptphalkon

kptphalkon New Member

The extended battery won't double your life - its "only" 3000 mAh, or 1200 mAh larger than the stock (75%) lol. Either way its a great deal, Verizon still charges 30 bucks for the 1860 mAh battery for my phone.

Sent from my Droid2Global on CM7.1 nightlies, along with
    Jakebyte mods, angel's tweaks, custom prop mods
    -Kaw Kaw-
  4. deduct

deduct Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself. Every phone is different. I started using my extended battery only a couple weeks after I bought my phone last september. The few times I have gone back to stock battery it will only last half as long, if even that.

Sent from my eclipsed bionic
  5. riffraff

riffraff New Member

Thanks guys. The wife has the Samsung Epic, I'll grab one for her as well.
  6. Caesars

Caesars Well-Known Member

When I had a Samsung epic (sprints version,methinks about 1.5 yearsish ago), I bought. 3300 or 3500 (forget) mah Seidio battery, doesn't fit in a normal case. I charged it over night in an external wal charger so I could still use my epic, it was the best battery I ever had. I have the maxx now and the Seidio extended battery ran circles around this thing, and that was with far more usage.

Do it, you can find a case later-Samsung androids need extra juice to function more than 5 hours lol.
  7. riffraff

riffraff New Member

I bought the Samsung extended life battery yesterday. It was a tight fit into my holster, but after a day of use, slips in and out fine. I'll know more today when I'm in a store for most of the day, off the charger. Thanks for the feedback folks!
  8. cdipier2

cdipier2 New Member

The extended battery is definitely worth it and at $25 its a steal. I get so much more use out of my stratosphere now and still have plenty of juice left at the end of the day. I also like the added thickness it gave the phone. Now it doesnt feel like its going to fly out of my hands every time i open it to use the keyboard
  9. bens42608

bens42608 New Member

My extended battery is a must-have on my bionic. I never turn my 4g off and I have a full 4g signal pretty much everywherei go and the ext.batt. gives me the juice I need. Its the first one I ever bought and I am extremely happy I bought it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  10. riffraff

riffraff New Member

That battery is working out well, although I've learned that if I let it get down to less than 25% it takes forever to recharge (3-4 hours).

I have one quirk on the Stratosphere I can't figure out. During calls, the screen goes black and have to hit the home button (top, right side) to get back the display. I have the timeout turned to "never" so I haven't been able to figure this one out. The other issue is the fit in the case is so tight, when pulling it out, I almost always either turn it off or change the ring tone if I'm not careful to not touch a button.

11. cdipier2

cdipier2 New Member

my strat does that during calls too its very annoying. you will have to get the case to fit the extended battery through verizon. i have had the battery a month now and its still doing very well and i have 4G on all day. it made me like my phone so much more
Search tags for this page
best extended life battery samsung stratosphere
high capacity battery samsung stratosphere
how long does the samsung stratosphere battery last
how to extend battery life on samsung stratosphere
how to save battery on samsung stratosphere
increase battery life samsung stratosphere

samsung stratosphere battery issues

samsung stratosphere battery life

samsung stratosphere battery life issues

samsung stratosphere battery life tips

samsung stratosphere battery problems