Extra Capacity Battery - Worth it?

riffraff

Reaction score
Verizon shows me an extended life battery last week, 50% off, $25. I use my Statosphere in various restaurants throughout my day with no real desk to plug in a charger. I was in two stores today and my battery was down to 20%. Is the extra capacity battery worth it? Hopefully it will still fit into my leather, flap-lid holster. If you have one, give me a shout.

deduct

Reaction score
My wife has stratosphere and I am considering getting one for hers. I could not go back to stock battery on my bionic. Extended battery has more than doubled my battery life. I say go for it.

Sent from my eclipsed bionic

kptphalkon

Reaction score
The extended battery won't double your life - its "only" 3000 mAh, or 1200 mAh larger than the stock (75%) lol. Either way its a great deal, Verizon still charges 30 bucks for the 1860 mAh battery for my phone.

Sent from my Droid2Global on CM7.1 nightlies, along with
Jakebyte mods, angel's tweaks, custom prop mods
-Kaw Kaw-

deduct

Reaction score
Speak for yourself. Every phone is different. I started using my extended battery only a couple weeks after I bought my phone last september. The few times I have gone back to stock battery it will only last half as long, if even that.

Sent from my eclipsed bionic

OP
riffraff

riffraff

Reaction score
Thanks guys. The wife has the Samsung Epic, I'll grab one for her as well.

Caesars

Reaction score
When I had a Samsung epic (sprints version,methinks about 1.5 yearsish ago), I bought. 3300 or 3500 (forget) mah Seidio battery, doesn't fit in a normal case. I charged it over night in an external wal charger so I could still use my epic, it was the best battery I ever had. I have the maxx now and the Seidio extended battery ran circles around this thing, and that was with far more usage.

Do it, you can find a case later-Samsung androids need extra juice to function more than 5 hours lol.

OP
riffraff

riffraff

Reaction score
I bought the Samsung extended life battery yesterday. It was a tight fit into my holster, but after a day of use, slips in and out fine. I'll know more today when I'm in a store for most of the day, off the charger. Thanks for the feedback folks!

cdipier2

Reaction score
The extended battery is definitely worth it and at $25 its a steal. I get so much more use out of my stratosphere now and still have plenty of juice left at the end of the day. I also like the added thickness it gave the phone. Now it doesnt feel like its going to fly out of my hands every time i open it to use the keyboard

B

bens42608

My extended battery is a must-have on my bionic. I never turn my 4g off and I have a full 4g signal pretty much everywherei go and the ext.batt. gives me the juice I need. Its the first one I ever bought and I am extremely happy I bought it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
riffraff

riffraff

Reaction score
That battery is working out well, although I've learned that if I let it get down to less than 25% it takes forever to recharge (3-4 hours).

I have one quirk on the Stratosphere I can't figure out. During calls, the screen goes black and have to hit the home button (top, right side) to get back the display. I have the timeout turned to "never" so I haven't been able to figure this one out. The other issue is the fit in the case is so tight, when pulling it out, I almost always either turn it off or change the ring tone if I'm not careful to not touch a button.

The extended battery is definitely worth it and at $25 its a steal. I get so much more use out of my stratosphere now and still have plenty of juice left at the end of the day. I also like the added thickness it gave the phone. Now it doesnt feel like its going to fly out of my hands every time i open it to use the keyboard

cdipier2

Reaction score
my strat does that during calls too its very annoying. you will have to get the case to fit the extended battery through verizon. i have had the battery a month now and its still doing very well and i have 4G on all day. it made me like my phone so much more