External DVD drive on the xoom xoom?

turtlerck

Reaction score
How to get 3G on Kindle Fire ?

No Kindle Fire 3G? When Amazon first announced the Kindle Fire back in September, many, including some on Business Insider, dubbed it as the iPad's first true competitor. The Kindle Fire has the Amazon brand. It has Amazon's giant library of video, music, and movies. And it only costs $199. But is that enough to dethrone the iPad? Probably not. And one of the disadvantages about the tablet is that there is still no Kindle Fire 3G version by now. But the Kindle Fire is likely to put a dent in Apple's tablet business and force the company to introduce a cheaper alternative. Now let¡¯s learn how to get 3G on Kindle Fire and make it perfect. How to Get Kindle Fire 3G We know that the Kindle Fire only supports WiFi for the moment, so, what we need to do is transfer the 3G signal into WiFi, then Kindle fire can receive it and we successful get 3G on Kindle Fire. There are two methods. 1, Use the personal WiFi hotspot on your smartphone. 2, Use a portable 3G router to get Kindle Fire 3G. Example:Get 3G on Kindle Fire with iPhone 4 personal hotspot 1. How to set up your iPhone personal WiFi hotspot (If you only have iPhone3G or 3GS, make sure it is already higher than 4.3 IOS) Go to the settings menu, in ¡°settings¡±, you'll see a new ¡°personal hotspot¡± menu item. Tap it. In the personal hotspot menu, slide the "personal hotspot" option to "on". You'll note that Apple has allocated the connection a default password which is shown on this screen too. You can either use it (as each iPhone 4 gets a different random password) or change it to something you can more easily remember by tapping on it. Then, on your Kindle Fire Wi-Fi menu, you should see your iPhone pop up in the list after a few seconds. The network name is the name of your iPhone in iTunes. Of course, you can also use Windows and Android Smartphone personal hotspot to get Kindle Fire 3G. Get 3G on Kindle Fire with E586 portable 3G router What you need? 1. A SIM Card 2. Huawei E586 MiFi Router 3. Kindle Fire Open the back cover of E586 3G Router and insert the SIM Card; Hold the power button to turn on the 3G Router; Turn on Kindle Fire, you should see the E586 pop up in the WiFi list. Select it, you will need to enter the password and you can find it inside the back cover of E586. Wait a few seconds for connecting and you get a Kindle Fire 3G. This is how I get 3G on Kindle Fire on the way, and mostly I use the 3G Router, as it provides better connection, fast and stable.

moxo

Reaction score
What can you rip to in order to play on xoom? My pc doesn't have microSD input/output.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Rip the DVD to a file on your PC then plug your phone or tablet in to the computer via the supplied USB cable then navigate to My Computer and select the phones internal/SD card memory. Then find the ripped file on your computer and copy or move it over to the device. ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Leonwatoni

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
You do not need to buy an external drive for xoom xoom for xoom xoom has a USB jack. What you need to do is to copy whatever you need into a usb and insert usb to the tablet. Choose the right codec of Xoom then you can begin conversion. You can see tutorials like Copy DVD to Tablet which simply introduces how to do it