External bluetooth keyboard?

AirJunky

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is using an external bluetooth keyboard of any kind? I did a search & only found one guy who is looking at BT remotes like this..... primarily for using in the car for controlling music. Pretty cool idea.

But I'm thinkin about some sort of keyboard I can use when parked on the couch surfing. Found something like this on Ebay. Looks like you could use it in pretty much any phone app, email, youtube, Ebay, surfing the web, music, etc. I am plugging the phone's HDMI jack to a 42" plasma thru a Yamaha amp. So I have audio & video. Just need to be able to drive it from 10' or 15' away.

Seems like since the phone doesn't really use a cursor like a computer, or a mouse, it might be weird to navigate thru screens. I'm hoping this one does the job.

View attachment 54872

OP
A

AirJunky

Reaction score
Hey thanks for jumpin in on this thread. I did consider that one. But the cheap bastard in me kept me from pullin the trigger on it.... something I may very well live to regret. :blink:

Reaction score
Hey thanks for jumpin in on this thread. I did consider that one. But the cheap bastard in me kept me from pullin the trigger on it.... something I may very well live to regret. :blink:

Well you can tell the cheap bastard in you that you are saving $33 from what Motorola wants for it. dancedroid:p

OP
A

AirJunky

Reaction score
Well you can tell the cheap bastard in you that you are saving $33 from what Motorola wants for it. dancedroid:p

Hehe, cheap bastard says you think just like my wife! "Look honey, I saved $33 today"...... "Yea, but you spent $76 to do it!" :blink:

mekanism

Reaction score
I just returned one of those RII remotes. The trackpad was horrible and to turn the volume up or down, or fst fwd or rwd, you have to hold down the function key. Its also awkward to type on since the trackpad is in the way. Avoid that device!

Mek's Maxx

Reaction score
Hehe, cheap bastard says you think just like my wife! "Look honey, I saved $33 today"...... "Yea, but you spent $76 to do it!" :blink:

Nah I think it is more cost effective getting the thing and works rather then trying a bunch of things that should of worked but didn't. lol

GoBears

Reaction score
I have that exact same keyboard. It works just fine. Typing experience is pretty poor though but it gets the job done for minimum cost. There's a bunch of keyboard shortcuts on there too like back and home and such. It was worth the 30 bucks I paid.

GoBears and FU Apple.

Edit: Actually the one you have pictured is the RF version. Make sure you get the BT one. They look almost identical except for that RF key is switched with a BT key.