External Battery Suggestions?

jack1953

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm shopping for an external battery for my Razr and wanted to know if anyone has any experienced advice or suggestions? Thanks.
Jack

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I would like to know this as well
There are number of them out there. Amazon has a pretty good selection. I personally own the Motorola version, model WPS-601-P793. Verizon sells them for $49 dollars if I remember right. It is a 1420 mAh. Does a pretty good job...will recharge your phone about 50%.

---Edit: I just checked on Amazon and the price has dropped to $20. There are a couple others that offer a high mAh rating...but they cost more and of course their rating might be exaggerated.

Last edited:

Joe N

Reaction score
I bought a New Trent 7000 mAh unit. It has 2 outputs, 1 - 2 A & 1 - 1 A, and I use it for my phone & tablet. It is actually designed for an iPad/iPhone but works fine with my Razr and Galaxy Tab. I don't remember what I paid for it but if I remember correctly I bought it from Amazon. They had units with several different ratings and of course the higher the output the higher the price. I think I bought the 7000 mAh unit because that was the most I was willing to spend at the time.

cmorty72

Reaction score
I just received this through Amazon yesterday:
Amazon.com: QQ-Tech® Energy Expert: Best External True 2400 mAh Extended Battery Backup Charger Power Bank for Motorola Droid RAZR XT910 (World First & Best) Black: Cell Phones & Accessories It's done a fantastic job thus far, and the added bulk is that of the Razr Maxx's. I've had mine on since 06:00 (currently 15:11) with moderate use, and my Razr still has a full charge... while the external battery is only at 4 out of the 5 regular power spots. dancedroid

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I have two and got both from Amazon.

Motorola mod. WPS 601-P793 it has
1390 mAh, as stated it only recharges my MAXX about 50%.

Newtrent mod. IMP52D
It's output is 5200 mAh and I get 1-1/2 charges out of it. I really like this unit, I've used it to top off my phone and then my bluetooth head piece. Plus it has a laser and a flash light!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have two and got both from Amazon.

Motorola mod. WPS 601-P793 it has
1390 mAh, as stated it only recharges my MAXX about 50%.

Newtrent mod. IMP52D
It's output is 5200 mAh and I get 1-1/2 charges out of it. I really like this unit, I've used it to top off my phone and then my bluetooth head piece. Plus it has a laser and a flash light!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I've been using the negligent Newtrent for a couple of months and it'll charge or power all my devices including my electronic cigarette charger. It powers my tablets and charges everything else.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From a Beano

luketj

Reaction score
I like the motorola WPS-602-P893 for the size, and I get about a full charge out of it. You also might consider a lapdock 100 if you're willing to carry something a little bigger around.

Liquid_Chaos87

Reaction score
I just received this through Amazon yesterday:
Amazon.com: QQ-Tech® Energy Expert: Best External True 2400 mAh Extended Battery Backup Charger Power Bank for Motorola Droid RAZR XT910 (World First & Best) Black: Cell Phones & Accessories It's done a fantastic job thus far, and the added bulk is that of the Razr Maxx's. I've had mine on since 06:00 (currently 15:11) with moderate use, and my Razr still has a full charge... while the external battery is only at 4 out of the 5 regular power spots. dancedroid

Just got this, I really like the style, no stupid cable/cord to get messed up and not work anymore like the previous one I had. But I am not sure if I'm using it right or if it's a lemon...seems like it takes an act of God to get it to work right. I press the ON button and nothing happens most of the time. Randomly the blue LED's will light up and start charging the phone, then a few minutes later I will check it and it's not charging anymore...

Joe N

Reaction score
I would like to know if you can solve your problem with the QQ-Tech battery. I would like to try it with my phone but don't want to buy it if it's not reliable. Is it hard to fit to your phone? I can see where it would be hard to attach it properly.