1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

External Battery Charger

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Accessories' started by robrecht, Mar 19, 2011.

1. robrecht

robrecht New Member

Hi, all.

I bought 2 back-up batteries: a 2nd standard size battery and the bulky extended life battery.

Now I really need a couple of external battery chargers so I can keep the back-ups charged and ready to go. Anybody seen these yet?

I do have a Seidio Multi-Function Charger, but they don't yet have model specific part for the Thunderbolt.

I've also seen some of the super cheap things on eBay, oftentimes budled with 2 or 3 batteries for like $12. Obviously total junk. Since the batteries are 1500 mAh, I think most (if not all) of these are actually for the Sprint EVO 4G and won't even fit, even if I wanted to buy junk, which I don't.

Thanks, Robrecht
  2. shortsxit

shortsxit New Member

The multimedia dock can charge both types of batteries if you were thinking about picking one up.
  3. guitarchris123

guitarchris123 New Member

Yes, the Multimedia dock can charge your phone and a spare battery at the same time, and it even accommodates your extended battery as well as the regular size. It is not cheap at $60, but it could be worth it for your needs.

I would not advise buying anything battery-related for this phone from ebay that is not name brand. That would be a waste and might even mess up the phone.
  4. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

Wait the multimedia dock can charge extra batteries and the bolt at the same time?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  5. guitarchris123

guitarchris123 New Member

It can charge both the phone (with a battery inserted) and 1 spare battery at the same time (2 slots total). I do not know which slot accommodates the extended battery, I just know that it is compatible with it, whether it only fits in the main or spare slot I do not know, it could be both or only one of them.
  6. robrecht

robrecht New Member

I hear ya. If the Verizon store had them in stock or available for order, I would have bought one with the 25% discount in a moment of weakness. I could understand the price if the so-called media dock had an HDMI port & cable, but $60 is ridiculous, even $45 (25% off). In the end, 'though, it really doesn't suit my needs because:

1) I want to charge 2 back-up batteries at the same time.

2) Dock and AC cord is a bit of a pain to travel with or set up in an all-day meeting, etc.

3) I also want external chargers to be able to be powered by USB ports on an external laptop battery/charger. This can be done in a briefcase or suitcase when I'm travelling.
  7. robrecht

robrecht New Member

Seidio is now shipping a Thunderbolt version of one of their larger 2-piece multi-chargers for $30:
    http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/bd3-bcsi3htmec-bk.htm

If you already have one from an older phone, you can order just the ThunderBolt version of the charging plate with a microUSB cable for $13:
    http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/bd2-bcscbu-htmec.htm

Seidio's shipping is on the high side, so consider ordering additional accessories at the same time. Note also they have a -15% promotion on their home page.

For the really cheap (and daring) you can now get the compact chargers without the ultraworthless batteries for $4.98 and free shipping from city_out or others for slightly more. I've used one of these before, but can't really vouch for their quality.
    Desktop Dock Battery Charger For HTC my touch 4G/Merge - eBay (item 320670446018 end time Apr-11-11 19:55:52 PDT)

There's a US reseller of these who jacks up the price on the same charger, with one of the ultra-worthless batteries for $25 with free shipping:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-Verizon-Thunderbolt-Battery-Charger-Pack-NEW-USA-/280633966879?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item415716811f
Search tags for this page
about verizon htc external battery charger
does the extended life battery for droid x fit in external c
external battery charger thunderbolt
external battery plugin for htc thunderbolt
external charger ups external battery
external thunderbolt battery charger
how do you use 22mah external battery backup charger

htc thunderbolt battery charger

htc thunderbolt external battery
htc thunderbolt external battery charger

thunderbolt battery charger