External Battery Charger Problems

techarlj

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, I searched and only really came up with battery problems on 2.2.

I bought this BATTERY DOCK CHARGER FOR MOTOROLA BH5X DROID X MB810 and it charges the batteries just fine, but when I plug my X in it does some funky stuff...

I have Beautiful Widgets on my desktop and it clicks the clock and starts creating like 50 alarms and what not... just nuts.

Anyone else had this issue and found a solution? I just don't know what to do... thanks in advance.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
My brother used a dual USB wall plug to run his droid charger plug and something else off of. When it was plugged in it acted really funky and when he unplugged the "unplug your phone to save power" window would stay up.

So I checked it out closely and the volts were off. Told him to quit using it and its been fine ever since.

Haven't heard anything like what your talking about. And that really stinks cause I was thinking of getting one of those.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

detox

Reaction score
My brother used a dual USB wall plug to run his droid charger plug and something else off of. When it was plugged in it acted really funky and when he unplugged the "unplug your phone to save power" window would stay up.

So I checked it out closely and the volts were off. Told him to quit using it and its been fine ever since.

Haven't heard anything like what your talking about. And that really stinks cause I was thinking of getting one of those.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

I have an external charger but do not use it with the usb cable. I just use it for my extra battery. It says its for the bh5x but also works with the 6x. Its nice to have if you brick and can't charge your phone. I've seen alot of people saying they killed their batteries trying to "ghetto charge" them. I think the $10 I paid for the charger and extra usb cable was well worth it. I've never plugged my phone into it and after reading this never will! Thanks for the heads up

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App