1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Extended Vs. Standard Battery Form and Weight

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by SSHGuru, Oct 2, 2011.

1. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

I've had the extended now for about a week and do enjoy the fact that it never is close to running out of juice. In fact I don't think I've had it go below 50%.

For kicks today I threw the standard back on (to see if it needed charging, it still ended up with 50% on it after a week of sitting), and I found that it felt much lighter and slimmer.

Has anyone decided to go back to the standard after using the extended? There is a fairly substantial weight difference especially since it's weighted more towards the bottom of the phone.

I find it makes no difference when holding the phone in landscape and playing games but is very noticeable when holding it normally.
  2. georgemovie

georgemovie New Member

check out this video...

3. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

Saw that. I have both. Tempted to go back to standard battery... Can't decide.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. xmguy

xmguy New Member

I like the profile from the standard battery. The door gives a lip of sorts to grab the phone with. If the door was flat. It would be harder to pull from the pocket. Kinda like the Droid X/X2.
  5. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

In the pocket or on the desk it may as well be the extended. In use I'm still debating.