Extended USB??

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by miss_em, Dec 8, 2013.

1. miss_em

miss_em New Member

So I had this 6ft USB and charger for my phone for the last 2 years and finally, it's crapped out. It did the job for a USB from a generic company other than Motorola. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a long USB for my bionic that will last longer and won't mess with my phone or battery since I have another year til I can upgrade. Help! I might need to start using tape with how I need to maneuver and position the phone and charger.
  2. mykl376

mykl376 Member

Amazon and Monoprice.com are 2 sites you can get inexpensive cables from. I've bought from both of them, and haven't had any problems. I also have 4 wall chargers, 2 vehicle docks, 3 extended batteries, a battery only charger, 2 external batteries for charging, and the lap dock. I'm scared to upgrade since I'll lose all my accessories!
  3. cindylike24

cindylike24 Member

Walmart has a 10' micro-USB cable that they sell for about 20 dollars. I've got one and it works like a champ. I believe that it's made by Belkin if I remember right.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
  4. cindylike24

cindylike24 Member

May I ask why you have so many chargers and batteries? Even when I had the Bionic, I only had 2 regular batteries, 1 extended battery and 3 charging cables (1 for home, 1 for work and 1 that I have in my purse I'm over at my sister's and need to charge my battery over there. Just curious.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
  5. TOMMYBOT

TOMMYBOT Member

i've had great success with ebay as long as i'm not buying the dirt cheap 99 cent unbranded ones.

Edit: also i'm looking for a good ol 10 footer. the dogs broke a cord stepping on the phone...
    so i'll be back with results.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Dalvik_Cache

Dalvik_Cache DF Super Moderator Premium Member

How did you get stuck with another year in the Bionic?! That was so 1990.. lol
  7. TOMMYBOT

TOMMYBOT Member

8. mykl376

mykl376 Member

The Bionic was/is my first smart phone, my last phone was an LG enV Touch. I've had extended batteries for my last two phones even before I got the Bionic, though. My first ext batt for my Bionic is now 2 years old, so it's lost some of its ability to hold a charge, and I just ended up buying the last two on sale for $25 each.

And charging cables, those are cheap and universal, as long as your phone uses a micro USB port, so why not have lots! I have two chargers for work, mine, and a "loaner" I can lend to forgetful co workers. It even has interchangeable tips, so it can charge an iPhone!

I guess I have a strange fear of my phone's battery dying, and missing some important call from/about the family. When I'm at work, I'm gone for 24 hours or more at a time, so I like having that line of communication.
  9. miss_em

miss_em New Member

I got it from a special promo from Costco and since then I've been lazy to upgrade it. I think it's been 2 years since I firs got it and it still does the job for what I need it for. Until it starts acting up I'll think about upgrading it other than that I've got 2 batteries and it still makes phone calls and connects to the internet.