EXTENDED HTC Battery + door avail. @ VZW website for about 1/2 off..FYI.

Snoking

Reaction score
Today I turned my Rez into a Rez Maxx! Got my extended battery and cut my Argyle gel case to let the extended battery door bump stick out through it. Turned out pretty nice. So without the 1/16" inch of gel case on the rear the net effect of the extended battery is not so bad for me. Edges are all protected and screen will not touch if placed screen down on a surface. I was concerned about the long side staying in place, however this does not appear to be problem. Will try to post a picture tomorrow. Duh, can't do it with the phone camera.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Last edited:

scy1192

Reaction score
Anyone know how long this deal is going for? I'd like to actually get the phone first before judging if I need the extended battery :icon_evil: but if it's going to be double the price later, it'd probably be better for me to get it now.

Snoking

Reaction score
Actually I would wait for the next drop in phone price. 199.99 to 49.99 is quite a difference. I used the phone for almost 2 months with stock battery and think the extended battery will be great for me. If one wants to really use the smart phone for all the things it can do, then the stock battery becomes a limiting factor.

Last edited:

Snoking

Reaction score
Gel case cut out for extended battery

Well I have a little more work to do with the dremel tool. But I am fairly happy with the results. And last night I dropped it off the arm of my chair onto a tile floor. Gel case did its job.

jeffe65

Reaction score
Extended Battery Hard Rubber Cases for HTC Rezound

This seems like one best commercial cases for the extended battery.
from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Thanks for the link, I just ordered one. I got the battery yesterday, and when I first turned the phone on it had 45% charge. Instead of running it down first, I charged it all the way up (which took a while) and after 13+ hours of moderate use it's at 64%, on 4G the whole time - That's almost twice what I was getting on the stock battery. I carry the phone in my front pants pocket, so the extra bulk isn't noticeable. Overall, I'm glad I upgraded!

Pspjr13

Reaction score
Went to the Verizon store today and they gave me the sale too... I heard one clerk tell the other that the sale was going on until the end of June.

Snoking

Reaction score
Over two days of use on first cycle of new extended battery.

Last edited:

Snoking

Reaction score
Well went onto the charger this evening!

Snoking

Reaction score
More data.
I think I am going to really like this extended battery!

Coupe

Reaction score
My wife picked me up one today at the vzw store, they said "half price sale" and she said the original price was $50 so she got it for $25...

So, can someone post up a link of a case that works with this battery?

Snoking

Reaction score
My wife picked me up one today at the vzw store, they said "half price sale" and she said the original price was $50 so she got it for $25...

So, can someone post up a link of a case that works with this battery?

Look at forth post on page two where I provided a link.

BTW the box for my extended battery had a label with $49.95. Guess I will ask for an adjustment in the amount they charged me. Chris

Last edited:

jeffe65

Reaction score
One thing I noticed - Launcher Pro uses a lot less battery than HTC Sense.

Snoking

Reaction score
Look at forth post on page two where I provided a link.

BTW the box for my extended battery had a label with $49.95. Guess I will ask for an adjustment in the amount they charged me. Chris

Called VZW about the price difference and they are giving me a $5 credit!

wildman

Reaction score
I noticed that mine was priced $49.95 on the box but web price was 59.95. $30.00 for the extended battery and cover, I'm not going to bother complaining. It was still a great deal.

Called VZW about the price difference and they are giving me a $5 credit!