Extended battery?

pappy53

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the 4000 mah or 4200 mah batteries from E-Bay. Just wondering about the performance, as the prices are great.

bbtkd

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the 4000 mah or 4200 mah batteries from E-Bay. Just wondering about the performance, as the prices are great.

No - but holy crap - wonder how many cold-cranking amps? Looking for a new battery for my Hemi Charger...

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
No - but holy crap - wonder how many cold-cranking amps? Looking for a new battery for my Hemi Charger...

works on my charger loll kidding

I was wondering if the 4000+ mah ebay cheapies work too... no one has one?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't buy cheap batteries on Ebay. There cheap for a reason duder.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

lol@duder

I had a good experience w my cheapy d1 batteries from Amazon so I was wondering... the huge mah ratings has me wondering if it actually works well... but I get through the day fine w my regular extended and the stock as a backup

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
I posted a thread similiar to this and never really got anywhere, Dunno where the ended up lol. If I ever get my data issues straightened out I'm going to give one a shot for the $5-$15 its well worth a try! I'm thinking it will NOT work with our phones though, as it seems moto has some trickery up their sleeves on the battery interface, someone had said even with VZW's extended battery they got an "Insert motorola battery" error. but if you could get a WORKING 4000mah battery *drool*.. Full day maybe 2 on charge! LOL

I do disagree with the cheap batteries statement though, these types of batteries aren't that expensive anymore, what gets expensive is when the battery has to have extra features to interface with the phone. I've bought $4 batteries for my grandparents-in-law and they haven't had any trouble out of theirs. granted that's a feature phone battery :p

deduct

Reaction score
Just picked up the stratosphere for wife yesterday. She loves it! Especially the screen. Very beautiful. Have not had a chance to test out the battery yet. Anyone using extended battery with theirs. If so, what kind of battery life you getting with it?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

ThisIsMyName

Reaction score
I bought the OEM 300 mAh batter and I've been getting pretty good battery life. It's 4:19 and I'm at 49%. I've made absolutely no efforts to conserve the battery and am completely stock. Once I root, debloat, set the CPU speed to on demand, and maybe flash a ROM, I'm sure it will be much better. So far, I'm impressed.

Edit: Also, the battery is not conditioned yet.

fd2blk78

Reaction score
I posted a thread similiar to this and never really got anywhere, Dunno where the ended up lol. If I ever get my data issues straightened out I'm going to give one a shot for the $5-$15 its well worth a try! I'm thinking it will NOT work with our phones though, as it seems moto has some trickery up their sleeves on the battery interface, someone had said even with VZW's extended battery they got an "Insert motorola battery" error. but if you could get a WORKING 4000mah battery *drool*.. Full day maybe 2 on charge! LOL

I do disagree with the cheap batteries statement though, these types of batteries aren't that expensive anymore, what gets expensive is when the battery has to have extra features to interface with the phone. I've bought $4 batteries for my grandparents-in-law and they haven't had any trouble out of theirs. granted that's a feature phone battery :p

Ok, I bought one of the 4000mhz batteries, and it rocks. Literally lasting 18 to 20 hours with heavy use. The only thing is, it will not calibrate, unless there is some super secret way to do it. It will drain down to 1% about 8the hours in, and stay that way till it dies. I guess there is something built into the oem batteries.

urphonesux

Reaction score
Ive been looking for you

posted on another site so ill just copy/paste here

post_old.gif
5th April 2012, 05:10 PM​

Pulled the trigger on a Hyperion 4000 Mah battery today. Purchased from inventoryexpressonline via ebay for $19.99.
Asked the seller numerous questions before buying (mainly to calm my nerves). Each one answered promptly. Seems to be reliable, item shipped the very next day and is coming from Michigan.

I used the generic battery last night............. heavily and was able to just eek out 12 hrs of use on a single charge. Mind you I have had my bionic now for about 2 weeks.
Its never died on me yet. Just needed larger power reserves for one of my new found favorite apps Garage Sale Rover.

Will update once it arrives

post_old.gif
11th April 2012, 06:46 PM​

Got the battery yesterday. Put it in phone it was already at 50% so I charged it to full before I turned on the phone . Wiped battery stats from old battery.

Regular use appeared to have same amount of drainage as the stock battery.
Installed battery drainer to fully drain battery. Noticed rapid discharge until it got to 1%. After that battery drainer ran for another hour and a half!!!

Phone fully shut down so i recharged it to 100% and am typing this on it right now.

Battery monitor widget reads the battery at 1740 mah instead of 4000mah. Emailed seller who immediately sent me out a new battery and back door because the included one did not want to stay closed with the extended battery in place

Yesterday, 10:02 PM

received email confirmation this morning that a replacement battery and door is being sent to me.
Tracking Number is currently unavailable at USPS.com

Yesterday the battery lasted for 15 hrs on the second charge. Appeared to drain quickly while in use until it got to 1%. Lasted about 3 more hrs after that. Battery monitor widget estimated that it would die in 3 mins...........

Another thing I've noticed is that it takes HRS to charge from 99% to 100%

starting with the phone turned off and bump charging it until the battery meter says full, i then turn it on to have android say i only have 97% full so i plug it back in until I get a charged notification which takes FOREVER.

This battery is physically 2 times the size of the original as I'm sure you have seen in the pictures already so Im actually kinda stumped about it reading as 1704 MAH in battery monitor widget

How long have you had your 4000Mah battery?​

lykeme

Reaction score

Hello, I have not tried battery from e-bay. I know they are good online seller store but not always. I also was read some negative review for them.

urphonesux

Reaction score
Hello, I have not tried battery from e-bay. I know they are good online seller store but not always. I also was read some negative review for them.

The ones I received have been performing excellently except for the fact that they both read as 1740 mah in any battery monitor I've used. I get over 20 hrs running time regularly with my normal use. Only issue was the back door not snapping correctly on he corner by the ports. I'd say that my seller was also excellent during the entire process as well.

Defintely do your reseaarch on the exact batteries your looking at buying mainly by Googling the reviews from the people that already have them. Also,make sure to check the seller's feedback to get a picture of what customer service from this person will be like

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The big question will be how the non-OEM extended battery will work with the GB software. I mean it'll last a long time, but it'll keep telling you to plug the phone into a charger most of the time. Looks pretty good though.

Quality control seems to be a problem with some of the batteries. For example, you can get a 4000 mAh battery on eBay for about $9.95 and get one that the phone won't recognize and the replacement will.