Extended Battery

kinggoku89

Reaction score
I have the 2800mAh extended battery for the Droid 1, and recently just bought a used droid 2, but the extended battery does not seem to work in it. I know the battery has charge, so its not due to low voltage, and plugging it in doesn't get it to start up either. All my other Droid 1 batteries work fine, just not the one battery I need. Any ideas if its a bug I am unaware of or if someone has a similiar experience.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You won't notice much difference between the extended and regular battery. It was a $50 waste of money, IMO.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
K

kinggoku89

Reaction score
Probably has to do with the on-board software that prevents aftermarket batteries from being recognized on the Droid 2 and up. Some will work but never have a correct reading, some won't work at all.
Bummer. The battery used to be such a godsend for my usage. Oh well.

You won't notice much difference between the extended and regular battery. It was a $50 waste of money, IMO.

The bigger ones have a significant effect on battery life, you must be mistaken with the slim extended batteries that only offer like 1600mAh. The battery I had for the D1 was a beast, 2800mAh and I could run Pandora all day and still have 40%+ at the end of the day. If I watched Netflix at all I would end up at 20%. I have had the battery last 40hrs with minimal use.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The bigger ones have a significant effect on battery life, you must be mistaken with the slim extended batteries that only offer like 1600mAh. The battery I had for the D1 was a beast, 2800mAh and I could run Pandora all day and still have 40%+ at the end of the day. If I watched Netflix at all I would end up at 20%. I have had the battery last 40hrs with minimal use.

That may be true, as I was referring to the OEM extended battery. In fact, I don't even use it anymore. I'd rather have the slimness of my D2 as opposed to an extra 20 minutes of battery life.

OP
K

kinggoku89

Reaction score
That may be true, as I was referring to the OEM extended battery. In fact, I don't even use it anymore. I'd rather have the slimness of my D2 as opposed to an extra 20 minutes of battery life.

20 minutes? On the D1 a seidio extended would last more than 12 hours longer. Where did you get the idea that 2800 mAh is not significantly higher than 1500 mAh? It is well worth the added thickness, which really isnt all that bad. It makes it bulkier, but its incredibly easy to handle still. Only problem is you cant fit it in your jean pockets if theyre tight, but you probably shouldnt be putting your phone in your pocket anyways.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
20 minutes? On the D1 a seidio extended would last more than 12 hours longer. Where did you get the idea that 2800 mAh is not significantly higher than 1500 mAh? It is well worth the added thickness, which really isnt all that bad. It makes it bulkier, but its incredibly easy to handle still. Only problem is you cant fit it in your jean pockets if theyre tight, but you probably shouldnt be putting your phone in your pocket anyways.

Did you read my post? I said OEM, which is only 1860 mAh.

Khiraji

Reaction score

I've had wonderful results with my OEM extended battery. With normal usage, I'll get about a day and a half out of a single charge - compared to ~15 hours with the stock battery. I got the OEM battery because I'd heard a few stories about the third-party batteries decaying prematurely, damaging phones or both... and while 2800mAh sounds nice, I'm never too far from energy wherever I am. A full day (~12hrs) of music (local, not streamed), texts, a few pictures, couple hours of calls, Angry Birds and web browsing and I'm usually sitting at around 50%.

tyece

Reaction score
I got a Droid 2x 2 weeks ago and I am having serious problems with my battery life. I get less than a half day, barely using anything and it dies. Can anyone help me figure out why my battery dies after a full charge and a half of a day. At the least I am on the charger 2 to 3 times a day. I don't like the phone for this specific reason.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
How often is your phone syncing data? That can be a huge drain on the battery, especially if you have a lot of programs syncing at once. You may want to add power control widget to one of you homescreens so that you can turn syncing on and off as needed.