Extended battery

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by luvs2kidos, Jul 28, 2011.

1. luvs2kidos

luvs2kidos New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know there have been previous post on this discussion but my question is a little different. If you use the extended battery with your standard battery door so that you can have a case will this hurt your phone? I read in a post that it will not receive enough air with extended batter with standard door. This phone has been a good investment for me and I don't want to screw it up. Thank you in advance for any help anyone can give me........

Sent from my DROID3

2. linuxgator

linuxgator Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The extended battery should be used only with the extended battery door. The standard one can be forced upon it, but the battery will heat up and expand over time, possibly breaking it. The extended battery with the battery door that comes with it will fit with a standard case, I am using this combination right now and there doesn't seem to be any issues with it.

3. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 4
    linuxgator is correct. Don't use the standard door with the extended battery. There's a reason why the extended battery door is larger - because the battery will expand when heated. You're asking for the potential of several different problems by using the standard door with the extended battery. Since "thin is in" with smartphones, isn't it safe to assume that if it was ok to use the standard cover with the extended battery that Motorola wouldn't ship a thicker cover with the extended battery?

4. LordShadowz

LordShadowz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't do it luvs... On top of the battery heating up issue.. I can tell you first hand from experience you also run a HUGE risk of damaging the screen. I used the original door with the extended battery on a Droid X and I went to put on the case and the screen became damaged with an oil slick underneath the screen and discolorations..

Don't do it...

5. luvs2kidos

luvs2kidos New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you so much for your advice. You all have answered my question and I know now that I will NOT be using the standard door for the extended battery. Thanks again....

Sent from my DROID3

Search tags for this page

to use extended battery do you need a new door for droid x2?