Extended battery

droid2guy

Reaction score
Hey guys... I was wondering how much of a difference it made and if it is worth the cost.... I've looked online but a can't find any actual numbers. If anyone has any information id would be a big help thanks

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

adjangs

Reaction score
Since you didn't give specifics, I can suggest you go by the mAh. Find out the mAh of the stock battery and the extended battery. The ratio between them will give you a rough idea of how much more time you'll get. Ie 1000 mAh will give roughly 1/2 the time of a 2000 mAh battery. That's assuming you buy an extended battery that has been rated truthfully. I can't speak as to which brands are better.

LocoRon

Reaction score
From what I've read (and experienced) is that battery life will be device-specific... as in, my Droid 2 won't necessarily get the same battery life as that guy's Droid 2. It basically comes down to usage. Personally, I use my phone as much as I want, keep the 3G, bluetooth, and GPS radios on 24/7, and have some things running in the background all the time (latitude, maybe a couple others), and I listen to music whenever I'm out. I can easily make it through a ten hour day with the regular battery. I don't browse the net, play games, or chat a lot, or any other activities that would require the screen to stay on.

The only way to really know if you'll need an extended battery is to use the phone how you want for a couple weeks, and see how it works out. If your battery is either dying or cutting it very close, the extended battery (or a second regular battery) would probably be a good idea.

(That said, this topic and many others that will probably be of interest to you have already been discussed ad nauseum around here, so you might want to browse the forums a bit.)

OP
D

droid2guy

Reaction score
Since you didn't give specifics, I can suggest you go by the mAh. Find out the mAh of the stock battery and the extended battery. The ratio between them will give you a rough idea of how much more time you'll get. Ie 1000 mAh will give roughly 1/2 the time of a 2000 mAh battery. That's assuming you buy an extended battery that has been rated truthfully. I can't speak as to which brands are better.

I know the regular droid 2 battery is 1420 mah and the motorola extended battery is 1800 mah. Is it worth buying?

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Hey guys... I was wondering how much of a difference it made and if it is worth the cost.... I've looked online but a can't find any actual numbers. If anyone has any information id would be a big help thanks

I have a Droid 1, with a Seidio 2600 extended battery. Is it worth it? I'm not sure how to answer that question. The battery is large, requiring a separate extended battery cover - provided free from Seidio. The phone with the extended battery will not fit in an ordinary case, so your choice is to either use it "naked" or buy the Seidio case designed to fit over that extended battery. Does the battery actually do anything worthwhile? THAT is the more difficult question to answer. See this thread - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/15207-seidio-extended-battery.html - for a lengthy discussion on it's merits.

HTH,

-Mike