Extended Battery.. Who's running it?

GBH2

Reaction score
I DID IT!! and kept the Ext battery Cover On!!! A little Dremel and some elbo grease, looks like nothing was touched!

Sounds Cool! I'd love to see pictures .. or better yet a video of the process! :)

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
anybody have luck buying the ext. battery for $25 POST phone purchase?
I got the phone from *611 and we never discussed accessories so I never even had the chance to get this price :(

rgb2448

Reaction score
anybody have luck buying the ext. battery for $25 POST phone purchase?
I got the phone from *611 and we never discussed accessories so I never even had the chance to get this price :(

Just called *611 about a hour ago and got the extended battery for $18.75($24.99 - my 25% accessory discount I have on my account) I also order the lapdock for $225. At first they wanted to charge me full price for battery but finally let me have it for $25. I ordered my bionic over the phone on Wednesday.

thunder550

Reaction score
Got my phone Thurs, battery Friday for $25 from the VZW store by my house. I didn't even ask for the $25 price, they just rang it up that way.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I just ran up to the local VZW store.
They didnt have any in stock but offered to have it shipped to me at the $25 price.

I'll have it tuesday or wednesday.
Thats fine with me. They couldnt have been any nicer.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
They didn't add my discount so i got it for 25$.... running lte all day... 6 hrs 40% left.... i wasn't in 4g coverage for the first 2 hrs... 2hr20mins screen on time 20min phone calls... mostly web browsing no games.... display eating very little of the %... highest are idle and standby.... oh and batt on performance mode

Further testing monday at work thats my real test if i can get through a work day but with the bad reception i got w other phones im highly doubting it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
B

BlackTTC6

Reaction score
Thanks guys. DEF calling 611 and seeing if i can get the battery for 25. I'll gladly return this one back to the store if i can

fox_hound

Reaction score
The batterty life is great even with the stock battery .i still got the extended battery and it cost 25.00 i would return to a corporate store and get a partial refund

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

JMZ316

Reaction score
Extended Battery User

I got my Motorola Droid Bionic the morning of the release. I was first in line and I got 3 accessories. They had a special the if you bought 3 accessories for it, they'd mark 30% off. I also have a Corporate discount that was 25% off Accessories. They told me that I would not be getting the 2 stacking discounts. However when they rang the accessories up, to our surprise they stacked, not a 50% discount, but close. What happened was their 25% came off all the accessories and then another 25% off came off that reduced price. I got the HD Dock $99 and after both discounts it was just under $60. I also got the extended battery, being first in line they had it in stock. And I got the Car Dock as well. Reviews of the 3 are as follows:

1.) HD Dock - Awesome, I especially love the way I can hook it to my 55" LED TV and use it like WebTV, and then some.

2.) Extended Battery - Well I work in a building with extremely poor cell phone signal, so my old cells always burned through their batteries, before end of day, unless I plugged it in. With the extended battery I was able to make it through the entire day of work and then some, even with 4G enabled. On day one, it wasn't that impressive, it burned through the battery quickly, but I realized that was because it was pulling in all my junk for the first time. Day two was way better, I charged it over night and Friday (day 2) it lasted more than enough. I also got to keep my stock battery obviously, so I popped that in at night and got through my late Friday night, with zero down time, not needing to be tethered to a charger.

Extended Battery CON's;

a.) Lack of included external charging station. Therefore I have to charge both of them in the phone, which is slightly annoying. I'll probably get a charger so I can pop the battery I'm not using in the charger, to prepare it for later. The extended battery increases the phone's weight by a lot. (considering how much it weights with the stock battery)
b.) Adds bulk, thickness wise.
c.) No in stock rubber case would fit the phone with the extended battery, or at least none that Verizon had at the store. (I don't usually get one, but I found it odd they didn't have one anyways.

3.) The Car dock is awesome, I especially like how the charger plugs into the dock and not the phone directly, like my old Motorola Droid did. Another thing I like is how the car dock doesn't block the camera. This allows me to film ahead, example a travel time-lapse video. And unless I'm mistaken, the original Droid car dock covered the Camera, making it impossible to film anything ahead of your vehicle.

Overall its an awesome phone, and I was able root it on day one. First order of business was remove all that Verizon Bulk, VCast, Blockbuster, etc.

-JZ