Extended Battery or Not?

Extended Battery or Not?

• Yes, Works Great!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Not impressed. Thought it would get more life!

• In between at the moment, its okay

• Total voters

Big Fate

Reaction score
This is poll is designed for those ONLY who have:

1) Droid X
2) Purchased an extended battery

Please vote on the poll and state your opinon why. Thanks

OP
Big Fate

Big Fate

Reaction score
Now, with that being said...

I'm currently not too impressed with the extended battery Verizon offers for $49.99.

The first day I bought it, worked great and went 13 hours w/no problems. But I didnt really beat it up too bad.

Yesterday was the first test day, I slammed it! Phone calls, texting, Pandora, music player, fantasy football, games, Youtube... you name it. Lasted about 8 hours before nearly dying.

Today, Slammed it once again... Removed from charger at 8:00am and it is now 1:40pm and I have about 40% left. :blink:
I thought I would be atleast at 60 still... So for the moneys worth it seems like its barley 20-25% better in life. But for 50 bucks come on?

I know people are gonna come in here stating they dont know what I'm talking about, that they get 13-18 hours but ask yourself do you really USE your phone? I use mine alot so I just thought I would get better life out of this thing.

So in conclusion, I'm not impressed! And thinking about taking it back in for my money back...

cpjr

Reaction score
I was getting maybe 8-10 hours out of the box with my X, have been using the extended battery since it was released and adjustings some settings on the phone gives me 18-20 of life.

The difference was VERY NICE for me. So well worth it in my opinion.

PS- And to the guy above me, I compared both batteries with almost identical usage statistics twice, a full day each. The extended was a big improvement.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Its only supposed to have 20% more juice then standard battery. I purchased it for 26$ and it was well worth it. Where standard would last me whole day with light usage, extended lasts me whole day with moderate usage. I can still drain from full charge in 6 hours if I want to playing games. Your mileage may wary.

Sent from my DROIDX

Bxrider117

Reaction score
The extended battery is well worth it. I use battery left and it says that I get 15:46 time of use from my battery. I usually unplug by 7 am and I usually make it through the whole day with 15-20% of battery left and that is about 11pm at night. Rarely the phone has cut off by 9 or 10pm, but that is from non stop usage. I have not used my original battery since I got the phone 1.5 months ago.

Knockoutking

Reaction score
Nthing that it is worth it...with or without juice defender

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Icemann07

Reaction score
I never even put the regular battery in! All I can say is coming from the first Moto Droid to the X and the extended battery has been light years difference.dancedroid

antennaman

Reaction score
Notable increase in usage time available experienced with extended battery. They would not have engineered it and the modified cover had it not been advantageous.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

bananahands

Reaction score
I know i'm being lazy and could find the answer with a simple search but just wondering where you guys got the extended battery? Straight from the verizon store? Oh and "xeene" Where did you get it so cheap?
thanks!

OP
Big Fate

Big Fate

Reaction score
I took my extended battery back in and got my money back...

Not even worth the money by a long shot... Anyone of you wanna sale your stock battery PM me?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I know i'm being lazy and could find the answer with a simple search but just wondering where you guys got the extended battery? Straight from the verizon store? Oh and "xeene" Where did you get it so cheap?
thanks!
from verizon web site. They had 30% off coupon(bat30) and my employer gives me another 25% off on accessories.

Sent from my DROIDX