Extended battery on promotion at Verizon for $25 w/ cover

terigox

Reaction score
Just got mine in the mail!!! Took it a while, the Verizon rep in the store I talked to said even their shipping center was out. But getting it delivered on Christmas Eve by Fedex = awesome!!!

Not to mention they did an amazing job designing this phone. The extended battery fits amazingly and feels great in the hand.

Overall this phone is just leagues above any other Android device right now.

I just tried yo check their site to send those having issues finding it a link... looks like it's been removed from the VZW site!!?? Wonder if that's because of the inventory issued... hmmm.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

condor12

Reaction score
I don't see it at vzw website.

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that the extended battery cover does not fit around the camera (bottom of the camera) very well? Mine has a gap that seals nicely if I push it flush, but on its own it sticks up. The regular battery does the same, but not as bad.
Anyone? Just curious......

Edit: I have read a lot of threads talking about "clicking" or gaps under the "V", but I think the gap under the camera is different that what others are talking about, but I could be wrong since people are describing without many pics.
If it's normal, that is fine, but it seems like a perfect place to get a lot of dirt, dust, pocket lint, rain droplets, etc. Plus that is right where the camera, SIM card, and battery are, so kind of an important spot in my opinion, and not my first choice for a location of a "gap"........

Last edited:

naman919

Reaction score
Just got mine in the mail!!! Took it a while, the Verizon rep in the store I talked to said even their shipping center was out. But getting it delivered on Christmas Eve by Fedex = awesome!!!

Not to mention they did an amazing job designing this phone. The extended battery fits amazingly and feels great in the hand.

Overall this phone is just leagues above any other Android device right now.

All of this = happy me too.

[Slangin' these wise words from my Galaxy Nexus while pouring one out for the OGD]

shuttered13

Reaction score
I was able to get two extended batteries in a Verizon store today at the sale price. Well worth it.

Reaction score
got it and returned it. not worth the extra 10 mins of usage and the fact that no cases fit. do yourself a favor and get the standard battery that comes with the portable charger. :D:D

Magnious

Reaction score
got it and returned it. not worth the extra 10 mins of usage and the fact that no cases fit. do yourself a favor and get the standard battery that comes with the portable charger. :D:D

I got mine at the store for the discounted price today. The silicon gel cover from verizon fits just fine with the extended battery. I think it is well worth the extra $25 to not have to worry about switching out the battery. I will post back with details on how much more time it gives. The standard battery lasted thru the work day and I was able to make it home and put it on the charge with no issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

doublea500

Reaction score
am i the only person who thinks this was either a marketing scheme or a normal price? why would verizon start off selling the galaxy nexus with an extended battery sale. makes no sense to me. Thats like buying an xbox 360 on the first day and the controllers are $30 instead of $60 and then a few weeks later it goes back to $60. doesnt make sense to me.

Reaction score
Maybe it's VZW's way of saying sorry to us for the GNex's p-poor marketing job and lack of release info... lol.

doublea500

Reaction score
i doubt it. if there was a sale, vzw would have advertised it. i have never heard of an "unadvertised sale". it doesnt even say it on the website, its as if theres a mistake made along the line where they changed it in one spot but not the other.

NickE

Reaction score
On the phone, I was told by Verizon that it is a sale on "all 4G batteries."

wbernardez

Reaction score
This sale is great but is a sad attempt to try to make up for the fact that no 4g phone batteries are actually worth anything

martytoo

Reaction score
I got mine at the store for the discounted price today. The silicon gel cover from verizon fits just fine with the extended battery. I think it is well worth the extra $25 to not have to worry about switching out the battery. I will post back with details on how much more time it gives. The standard battery lasted thru the work day and I was able to make it home and put it on the charge with no issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

How much did the silicon battery cover cost at the Verizon store?