Extended battery not working?

DMFA

Reaction score
I bought an OEM 1880 mAh BH6X from a reputable seller on eBay. It's the one that still fits with the standard door. I put it in my phone and charged it.

When I turned it on, it started its display at 0%, then rapidly changed from 5 to 20 to 60 to 100. As soon as it disconnected from the charger, it turned off. Upon plugging it back in, it repeated the same behavior. When the phone booted back up again, it put me in recovery, the sign of the phone believing its battery had died.

Does that sound like a bad battery to you, or is it possible that it had a bad connection at the terminals or a software issue? I'm on 2.3.340 with Darkslide 4.2. I haven't tried it on any other ROM.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
DMFA

DMFA

Reaction score
No one else has had an extended batt problem?

Cell Zeus

Reaction score
Battery does not work with froyo 2.2

I bet you upgraded to 2.2 recently.

I had the same issue with a standard 3rd party replacement battery.
Motorola pushed updates and cut off the 3rd party batteries.

I have a new extended battery which does work with froyo 2.2 and doesn't have the issues like:

Battery Indicator showing a (?)
Battery unable to charge in phone

This is what I have and I like it.

Extended Battery
http://www.amazon.com/RND-Power-Solutions-Capacity-Lithium-Ion/dp/B004IY2YT4/ref=sr_1_47?ie=UTF8&qid=1298240435&sr=8-47

You can actually use it with their dock which is great.
I got the extended first and the back door does not wrap around the phone like others. The door snaps on at the top allowing the room to dock.

Dock
Amazon.com: RND Power Solutions Deluxe 2nd Battery Cradle / Desktop Dock / charging station for Motorola Droid X: Electronics

hope that helps
I would recommend returning the other battery from ebay.
ebay sellers are a little shaddy....

Jbert112

Reaction score

I just got my 1880 mah extended battery (BH6X) in the mail from ebay and also having some issues.

I popped it in, charged it for 1.5, 2 hours, but the phone wouldn't turn on. Then it started to turn on but would shut back down. When phone is off and chargin, the battery life would show 5, then 20, then 60 very quickly, and everytime i hit the power button it says 60.

also makes a high pitched whining sound when charging that it didnt make with the BH5X.

I have no idea what software is on my phone, i just got the Droid X 6 days ago.

Any help appreciated.

OP
DMFA

DMFA

Reaction score

I just got my 1880 mah extended battery (BH6X) in the mail from ebay and also having some issues.

I popped it in, charged it for 1.5, 2 hours, but the phone wouldn't turn on. Then it started to turn on but would shut back down. When phone is off and chargin, the battery life would show 5, then 20, then 60 very quickly, and everytime i hit the power button it says 60.

also makes a high pitched whining sound when charging that it didnt make with the BH5X.

Any help appreciated.

Same here. It's not third-party (although I know what you're talking about as I have two non-OEM standard batteries), it's OEM Motorola...or at least it appears to be.

I'm guessing I got a dud or a fake and I'll return it to the seller. From whom did you buy yours?

Jbert112

Reaction score

Any help appreciated.

Same here. It's not third-party (although I know what you're talking about as I have two non-OEM standard batteries), it's OEM Motorola...or at least it appears to be.

I'm guessing I got a dud or a fake and I'll return it to the seller. From whom did you buy yours?

bought from "cellular_castle". So far no response on my asking him about the battery not working, but its only been one day. He has great feedback, although i don't see any battery sales.

Anyone else got an opinion? I don't feel like losing $20 lol.

OP
DMFA

DMFA

Reaction score
Got mine from celltogo, been busy so I haven't asked for an exchange yet.

Rocko

Reaction score
More than likely bootlegged batteries. Return them and contact ebay.

Jbert112

Reaction score
More than likely bootlegged batteries. Return them and contact ebay.

the guy is offering to send another one.

any way i can tell by looking whether or not its legit and just a bad battery? it matches up to all pictures i've seen and even has motorola holographic on back.