extended battery not reading properly

telex9471

Reaction score
I have a Motorola droid a855 and decided to get an extended battery that claims to be 3500mAh and my phone only reads it at 1200mAh. it seems to last a tad longer but I know if my phone read it correctly I would get much more usage out of it. I did the whole thing where you charge it and then let it drain till its dead and full charge again but no go. Is there a way to edit a system file to manually set the phones battery stats to 3500mAh? Yes I am rooted....

tennvol

Reaction score
After hearing everyones problems I went with the OEM one and haven't had a problem. My dad went with a after market one and like you it doesn't read correctly. He has to restart the phone every few hours to get the battery to meter correctly.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Did u wipe battery stats?

In whatever recovery ur running, I would wipe battery stats, let it die and fully charge it. Should read correctly after that...

Sent from my Droid

dstripedape

Reaction score
I used battery calibrator from the market. There is also reset battery stats under the advanced option in cwr

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Sounds like a fake ebay battery.

OP
telex9471

telex9471

Reaction score
Yea I have clockworkd mod and I did reset battery stats. Then let it die completely then full charge. Gotta love eBay..... I got it for 10 bucks but eBay has tons of these 3500mAh battery's and they all come from China. They are not OEM and that could be another issue with the Droid reading it correctly. The battery seems to last a little more than the 1200mAh stock but it sure isn't close to what it should be :-(

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
telex9471

telex9471

Reaction score
Wow something crazy happened .... my phone got down to 15 % battery and I rebooted my phone and when I went to my home screen it said my battery us at 60%. Hmmmmmm my battery monitor app still says its a 1200mAh battery. Also it says my phone has been unplugged for almost 9 hours. Well if that's all I need to do then that is ok I guess. So this battery will take 2 days of heavy use. I will not charge it tonight and see how long it lasts tomorrow and let ya all know.

OP
telex9471

telex9471

Reaction score
Yea my battery lasted a day and a half. I just charged it and will see if that's how I have to use my battery. Anyone else think this is odd?

phonearena

Reaction score
i feel sorry for you, i also bought an aftermarket extended life battery, it also goes with a free oversized battery door, and my battery works fine. no bugs happend!