Extended battery no longer fully charging

slinky

Reaction score
Unfortunately I have found since the update that I can keep my phone on the charger for almost a day and a half and it refused to charge the battery to 100%. It gets stuck around 85% and that's about as far as it goes.

OP
slinky

slinky

Reaction score
Wipe the battery stats. Battery may just be out of calibration.
Thanks - I tried to do this by booting into recovery mode - at least that is what search says must be done. But no search yields a guaranteed method to get this to happen on a Thunderbolt. Hate to ask but could you provide a little more info? Thanks again.

wseyller

Reaction score
Booting into recovery is the normal way. Granted I don't own a thunderbolt and I don't know what its recovery looks like. Also you could look on the market for "battery calibration" or something like that. I know there are some apps that do the same thing and will be a little user friendly.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
slinky

slinky

Reaction score
I just did a hard reset. That should have cleared everything. Battery refuses to charge above 87% and just sticks there. Battery seems to burn down quicker too. I tried it with the standard battery and same issue. Battery won't charge to 90% or above. Cannot figure this one out.