extended battery life

swope1221

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I bought the extended battery for the x2, bh6x or whatever the letters are, but it's the motorola one, I plugged it in to the ac adapter, charged it for 8 hours and began using it. Man does the battery die quickly. I can tell you what I have tried so far and let me know if I missed something.

1. Ran battery to 0%.
2. Recharged to 100% via ac adapter, and while plugged in deleted battery stats. bin file. Unplugged and began using.
3. Literally in 2 hours of not doing much, drained to 60%.

Now I recharged to 100% and follow the suggestions on the motorola website to save battery life.
1. Turn off animation
2. Turn off wifi
3. Turn off gps
4. Turn off bluetooth.
5. Have no live wall papers or widgets running.

Not sure if I missed anything else to turn off, but it seems if this is an extended battery something is amiss. When looking at what is using the battery, Phone Idle is always listed as what's using the most. When I put the phone to sleep shouldn't it save the battery? Thanks for any suggestions.

Eric

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
how do u erase battery stats?? i switched from a dx to a dx2 but useing the same battery from the dx the battery life sucks on my dx2 as well

OP
S

swope1221

Reaction score
If your rooted, it's in /data/system folder on your phone. I used root explorer to delete it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

OP
S

swope1221

Reaction score
I don't believe it's possible then.

mhwa

Reaction score
how do u erase battery stats?? i switched from a dx to a dx2 but useing the same battery from the dx the battery life sucks on my dx2 as well

I think the most simple way is an app called Battery Calibration in the market.

Just realized your not rooted, this app requires root.

densetsu86

Reaction score
There is a glitch with the phone. Once your done charging the phone turn off the phone and turn it back on. And you will get better battery life. Also if you root and use zepps 98kickasskerneltweaks you will get even better life. I'm out out work for 12 hrs or more a week and I usually get about 15hrs of phone use. 3-4hrs of music, 1hr of internet (or apps that use internet like droidforums), 15 txt messages, half-1hr of video watching on sdcard (not streaming) and a few minutes of calls with the rest being idle. Right now im on 11 1/2 hrs and I have 40% left on stock battery. Im all using eclipse rom but I got the same with rooted stock gingerbread blur.

When you unplug from charger or computer with out restarting the phone, the phone idle process runs a mock and makes the cpu keep working when your not using it and thus kills the battery. Restart after and phone idle acts normal.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I bought the extended battery for the x2, bh6x or whatever the letters are, but it's the motorola one, I plugged it in to the ac adapter, charged it for 8 hours and began using it. Man does the battery die quickly. I can tell you what I have tried so far and let me know if I missed something.

1. Ran battery to 0%.
2. Recharged to 100% via ac adapter, and while plugged in deleted battery stats. bin file. Unplugged and began using.
3. Literally in 2 hours of not doing much, drained to 60%.

Now I recharged to 100% and follow the suggestions on the motorola website to save battery life.
1. Turn off animation
2. Turn off wifi
3. Turn off gps
4. Turn off bluetooth.
5. Have no live wall papers or widgets running.

Not sure if I missed anything else to turn off, but it seems if this is an extended battery something is amiss. When looking at what is using the battery, Phone Idle is always listed as what's using the most. When I put the phone to sleep shouldn't it save the battery? Thanks for any suggestions.

Eric

First never run a Li-ion to zero, it's very hard on them. These are not Ni-cads.

I have also tried all battery saving settings and don't see any or very little improvement. That being said I still turn off WiFi and GPS when I don't need them.

Also your battery is new give it some time after a few days you should notice improvement.

The best thing is get a spare battery and charger. I always have a charged battery ready to go.

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
i tried everything myself and maybe got one hour more my og dx got 24 plus hours no problem this one gets 12 hours the most with light use its a solid phone though other than the battery issues there no other