Extended Battery for Thunderbolt

Imemine

Reaction score
I think that with the bionic's first gen dual core hardware and software, along with the (relatively) brand new mobile ddr2 ram it may need that hefty stock battery just to pull the same or even less than the same usage as the 2nd gen smartphones.

Better than the Tbolt? Possibly. But we won't know for sure until we get some hands-on with it. I suppose you could take a look at the Atrix to get the general idea of the Bionic's battery life lol...silly me, their the same phone!
anyone have any info on the battery life of the Motorola Atrix?

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I think that with the bionic's first gen dual core hardware and software, along with the (relatively) brand new mobile ddr2 ram it may need that hefty stock battery just to pull the same or even less than the same usage as the 2nd gen smartphones.

Better than the Tbolt? Possibly. But we won't know for sure until we get some hands-on with it. I suppose you could take a look at the Atrix to get the general idea of the Bionic's battery life lol...silly me, their the same phone!
anyone have any info on the battery life of the Motorola Atrix?

Battery

Here's where we run into a significant problem. The 4-inch display and dual-core processor set-up appear to be eating into battery life a bit. I was unable to get the Atrix 4G to last from 8AM to 8PM. It typically died between the 10- and 11-hour mark. That's just not good enough (especially with Bluetooth, GPS, and Wi-Fi all off). Power users can't plan their days around where they can locate an outlet. It also lost an entire charge (from 90% to dead) between 11PM and 7AM -- when it wasn't used at all. This thing is going to have to be plugged in all the time, and I'd even recommend carrying a spare battery if possible.

DaHarder

Reaction score
Bought One...

I purchased the 2750 extended battery when I bought my HTC Thunderbolt this past weekend.

Yes, it will look a bit unsightly to some, but the fact that it almost doubles the battery life more than offsets that for me.

So Far: 7.6 hours of mixed use and still going.

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I purchased the 2750 extended battery when I bought my HTC Thunderbolt this past weekend.

Yes, it will look a bit unsightly to some, but the fact that it almost doubles the battery life more than offsets that for me.

So Far: 7.6 hours of mixed use and still going.

got mine today and charging it now. I want to be able to use my phone on 4g and not worry in a few hrs of a game and 4g my phones dying. it adds barely a 1/4 inch bump even. in person its not as bad as the pics make it!

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
so yeah, its not that bad looking and really adds life like crazy! gaming, 4g and heavy use for 4 hrs now since taking off charge and im at 76%. installed a bettery icon mod with 1% increments to see how battery life really is. extended on heavy use is slated now to last 16 easily lol. worth a slight bump in the back of the phone.

Reaction score
HUGE Battery lasts forever...

I'm running slingbox right now and the guys in my office were using my mobile hotspot a few hours ago. It's amazing what this phone can do when you give it a real battery. The guys in here with the Droid X are jealous. I left my house at 8am today and I'm still at 59% after trying to kill it with gps blue tooth, sling box you name it. The guy with the iphone said man that thing is heavy, but then he tethered his mac book to my phone and said hmm yea that's a pretty nice phone.

kerrdj

Reaction score
i would love to get one but i dont trust myself without a case. has anyone looked to see if bodyskinz would work with the larger battery door?

wingdo

Reaction score
I am hoping to find something akin to the Motorola branded extended battery for the D2 which I used on my D1. Battery life was so much better after adding that and the added thickness of the phone was minimal. Way better than the thickness of the Seido extended battery for the D1.

Something in between is bound to come out.

BGKris

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed with the extended battery the power button isn't as easy to depress. Kinda need to press harder.

Reaction score
:)

i would love to get one but i dont trust myself without a case. has anyone looked to see if bodyskinz would work with the larger battery door?

I got some cases on the cheap, so I am going to cut the back with an exacto knife and see what I can come up with...

BGKris

Reaction score

I got some cases on the cheap, so I am going to cut the back with an exacto knife and see what I can come up with...
I did that with a rubber case I bought. I will post pictures tonight after work.

_33

Reaction score
Does the phone fit into the OEM car dock with the extended battery? I was checking it out today at VZW. The bump looks much worse in pics than in person.

OP
guitarchris123
Reaction score
Does the phone fit into the OEM car dock with the extended battery? I was checking it out today at VZW. The bump looks much worse in pics than in person.

No it does not fit in the car dock with the 2750 battery. However, it is supposed to fit in the desktop dock, for what its worth.

BGKris

Reaction score
Here's a cheapy case I bought off ebay to hold me over until the extended cases are out.
IMG_0982.jpg

Reaction score
sweet

Here's a cheapy case I bought off ebay to hold me over until the extended cases are out.
IMG_0982.jpg
yea that is what I am going to do with an exacto knife. I'm just going to cut the back so the battery can poke threw. As long as I have the bumper guard around the edge of the screen I'll be fine.