Extended Battery for Thunderbolt

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Accessories' started by guitarchris123, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Imemine

Imemine New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    HTC Thunderbolt and new Bionic

I purchased the thunderbolt but didnt realize the battery was so bad.. Now I'm wondering should I have waited for the Motorola Bionic. Do you guys think the Bionic will have the same battery problem that the TB has, needing an extended one that large?

I'm asking because I still have a few days where I can return the TB and wait for the Bionic. My old phone was a moto droid original and I loved it.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

M

2. guitarchris123

Ratings:
    +0
    I updated the first post of the thread with a couple more links, and added two pictures of the TB with the HTC extended battery installed, so check page 1.

3. tu3218

tu3218 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well the bionic is going to have around a 1900mAh battery so, no it shouldn't have this problem. But who knows, what kind of effect dual core will as well. I'm pretty confident there will be a battery released around that mAh at some point, there has to be.

4. kptphalkon

kptphalkon Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I think that with the bionic's first gen dual core hardware and software, along with the (relatively) brand new mobile ddr2 ram it may need that hefty stock battery just to pull the same or even less than the same usage as the 2nd gen smartphones.

Better than the Tbolt? Possibly. But we won't know for sure until we get some hands-on with it. I suppose you could take a look at the Atrix to get the general idea of the Bionic's battery life lol...silly me, their the same phone!

5. MrCapcom

MrCapcom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow thanks saw pic that's huge hmmm maybe ill stay with stock for awhile. Personally I just charge my phone as much as I can and it works good imo. Thanks for pics

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

6. 2001400ex

2001400ex Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Anyone bought the slim and want to review it yet? I want it but read an article where seidios mah ratings were lower than rated by a large percentage. Want to see how this one works out.

7. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well according to an in depth phonescoop review of the Atrix, the battery life of that phone is not good, so we shouldn't expect any different for the Bionic. I will post the link shortly.

Edit:
    Here's the link http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=7633

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

#31 Larry_ThaGr81, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  8. Imemine

Imemine New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    anyone have any info on the battery life of the Motorola Atrix?

9. RafficaX

RafficaX Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Battery

Here's where we run into a significant problem. The 4-inch display and dual-core processor set-up appear to be eating into battery life a bit. I was unable to get the Atrix 4G to last from 8AM to 8PM. It typically died between the 10- and 11-hour mark. That's just not good enough (especially with Bluetooth, GPS, and Wi-Fi all off). Power users can't plan their days around where they can locate an outlet. It also lost an entire charge (from 90% to dead) between 11PM and 7AM -- when it wasn't used at all. This thing is going to have to be plugged in all the time, and I'd even recommend carrying a spare battery if possible.

10. DaHarder

DaHarder Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Bought One...

I purchased the 2750 extended battery when I bought my HTC Thunderbolt this past weekend.

Yes, it will look a bit unsightly to some, but the fact that it almost doubles the battery life more than offsets that for me.

So Far: 7.6 hours of mixed use and still going.

11. RafficaX

RafficaX Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    got mine today and charging it now. I want to be able to use my phone on 4g and not worry in a few hrs of a game and 4g my phones dying. it adds barely a 1/4 inch bump even. in person its not as bad as the pics make it!

12. RafficaX

RafficaX Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    so yeah, its not that bad looking and really adds life like crazy! gaming, 4g and heavy use for 4 hrs now since taking off charge and im at 76%. installed a bettery icon mod with 1% increments to see how battery life really is. extended on heavy use is slated now to last 16 easily lol. worth a slight bump in the back of the phone.

Search tags for this page
extended battery for droid thunderbolt
how long does the extended battery for thunderbolt last
how long does the htc thunderbolt extended battery last
how long does the thunderbolt extended battery last
htc thunderbolt slim extended battery
slim extended life battery for htc thunderbolt
thunderbolt battery
thunderbolt battery cleveland ohio

thunderbolt extended battery

thunderbolt extended battery review