Extended Battery for Thunderbolt

paladin732

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with ebay battery sellers?

I'm assuming they are cheap crap, but you can get 3x 1500mAh batteries WITH an additional battery-only charger for like $10

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Does anyone have experience with ebay battery sellers?

I'm assuming they are cheap crap, but you can get 3x 1500mAh batteries WITH an additional battery-only charger for like $10
They could ruin your phone. Don't go cheap on batteries for a $700 retailed device.

m@tt

Reaction score
How many of you ThunderBolt buyers will also be purchasing an extended battery to go along with it? If history has told us anything, HTC devices are not well-known for their great battery life, and all smartphones are power-hungry. There are 2 options:

Seidio 1600 mAh Extended Life Battery (slim)
seidioonline.com

HTC 2750 mAh Extended Life Battery (thicker)
HTC Thunderbolt Extended Battery & Door Cover (2750 mAh)

The Seidio is available now and fits in the same battery door (thus, it will not change the profile of the phone), but is not that much of a jump in capacity (200 mAh gain over the stock 1400 mAh battery). The HTC will not be available until sometime in early-mid April, and comes with a new battery door (because it will add bulk to the device).

Which one will you choose, and why? Is the Seidio worth the price for the modest gain? Can you handle the added bulk of the HTC (when trying to pocket the device, or find a case that fits, or merely aesthetically)? Or do you think the stock battery will be just fine for your purposes?

I just recieved my tb phone today went ahead and purchase the extended battery from Verzion not knowning how THICK this thing is. My question is on an average users how much battery life do you get out the Verzon one or Seidio? Also show that Seidio is coming out with a another extended battery soon, just little more thicker.

Raptor007

Reaction score
Paying $50 for 200mAh is simply not worth it, I did get the 2750mAh from Verizon for $25 and while it does add bulk I am will likely bounce between the extd and stock battery depending on my day or the need.

ksassin

Reaction score
I just picked up my bolt today and opted for the extended battery and its HUGE, literally twice the size. It's a beast now and still probly weighs less than my x did. I'll put good use to it till they fix the battery bugs. BTW this phone is wicked FAST.

Reaction score
nice

Yea I'm a slingbox addicted so I should pick this up asap. How much longer does it last compared to the standard battery? I know i'll have to get a new case but that's not really a big deal. Being able to watch sports in a remote location is a big deal for me. Last night with the stock battery I got about an hour and a half of the celtics game before I got a heads up that I only had 15% battery life left. I'm guessing I'd get an extra hour?

MrCapcom

Reaction score
Anyone have a pic of the thunderbolt with the extended hart on it ?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Imemine

Reaction score
HTC Thunderbolt and new Bionic

I purchased the thunderbolt but didnt realize the battery was so bad.. Now I'm wondering should I have waited for the Motorola Bionic. Do you guys think the Bionic will have the same battery problem that the TB has, needing an extended one that large?

I'm asking because I still have a few days where I can return the TB and wait for the Bionic. My old phone was a moto droid original and I loved it.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

M

OP
guitarchris123
Reaction score
Anyone have a pic of the thunderbolt with the extended hart on it ?

I updated the first post of the thread with a couple more links, and added two pictures of the TB with the HTC extended battery installed, so check page 1.

tu3218

Reaction score
I purchased the thunderbolt but didnt realize the battery was so bad.. Now I'm wondering should I have waited for the Motorola Bionic. Do you guys think the Bionic will have the same battery problem that the TB has, needing an extended one that large?

I'm asking because I still have a few days where I can return the TB and wait for the Bionic. My old phone was a moto droid original and I loved it.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

M

Well the bionic is going to have around a 1900mAh battery so, no it shouldn't have this problem. But who knows, what kind of effect dual core will as well. I'm pretty confident there will be a battery released around that mAh at some point, there has to be.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I think that with the bionic's first gen dual core hardware and software, along with the (relatively) brand new mobile ddr2 ram it may need that hefty stock battery just to pull the same or even less than the same usage as the 2nd gen smartphones.

Better than the Tbolt? Possibly. But we won't know for sure until we get some hands-on with it. I suppose you could take a look at the Atrix to get the general idea of the Bionic's battery life lol...silly me, their the same phone!

MrCapcom

Reaction score
Wow thanks saw pic that's huge hmmm maybe ill stay with stock for awhile. Personally I just charge my phone as much as I can and it works good imo. Thanks for pics

2001400ex

Reaction score
Anyone bought the slim and want to review it yet? I want it but read an article where seidios mah ratings were lower than rated by a large percentage. Want to see how this one works out.