Extended battery for G3?

mgrande

Reaction score
Does anybody know of one? I love this phone but it isn't getting the battery life the reviews claim. Here's a shot of gsam from this evening.
jy5eby3y.jpg

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Seems like your screen time is gobbling up the majority of your battery.

What is your brightness set to?

Also, what apps are consuming 36.2% of battery life?

OP
mgrande

mgrande

Reaction score
I usually have it set to 100 auto (not as bright as 100) but today I switched it to 50 auto. Here's my apps

y7ada3ag.jpg

It doesn't make sense even with 2hrs of screen time. All the media were saying they were getting up to 4 hours.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
My roomy leaves for the gym/work at 12PM. He doesn't get home until 1AM the following morning. He gets great battery life.

Current stats on his phone -

Usage on battery: 9h16m
Estimated time remaining: 4h14m
Display: 100/auto
Screen time on: 3h13m

He said when he hangs out on the couch he can go 4 hours or so before he gets down to 10% and throws it on charge.

OP
mgrande

mgrande

Reaction score
My roomy leaves for the gym/work at 12PM. He doesn't get home until 1AM the following morning. He gets great battery life.

Current stats on his phone -

Usage on battery: 9h16m
Estimated time remaining: 4h14m
Display: 100/auto
Screen time on: 3h13m

He said when he hangs out on the couch he can go 4 hours or so before he gets down to 10% and throws it on charge.
Well WTF!?

Maybe I got a bad battery?

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Well WTF!?

Maybe I got a bad battery?

Here is what his battery statistics look like. I have not asked him to install a battery monitor yet, but he's awesome so he'll likely do it if I ask nicely.

zequdyzy.jpg

gugaqube.jpg

yre7u4uz.jpg

OP
mgrande

mgrande

Reaction score
Drained it to just under 15% last night and charged it while off. I'll see if it gets better life today.

Tillmorn

Reaction score
One thing that has worked wonders for me is Lux Lite. Others swear by the paid version, but the free one has served me well so far. It's much more efficient than the stock auto brightness setting.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I noticed with Gsam you've got a lengthy held awake time and on your stock stats Android is #2. Do you have location services on or off? If on, try turning them off for a day and see if that makes a difference. Also check your sync schedules because if something is almost constantly sniffing for a sync update that also could be draining your battery for no reason. An example I've noticed over time for me is if I have my weather app set to keep up with the weather changes and notify via the notification bar that is a battery vampire.
If you're in bright areas often and screen set to auto bright that will affect the screen battery usage.I use an app called ScreenDim that lets me separate the backlight from actual brightness. The backlight is what sucks the battery life away the most. With that app I turn the backlight down but keep brightness on max, saving me battery over the day.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

OP
mgrande

mgrande

Reaction score
I do use an app called automateit to replace what I had setup on smart actions. My location is set to battery saving mode. So far today it seems really good. Maybe I just needed the charge while off.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Glad to hear your battery life is improving. In my experience this it's normal with most new devices. Between setting up your phone the way you like it and the system building up various caches, you should begin to see a dramatic improvement. Good luck!

tap'n on my S5

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
I found out when my roommate goes to work, he turns off GPS and data (he works in a cooler). I be this helps immensely.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Drained it to just under 15% last night and charged it while off. I'll see if it gets better life today.
This is the best way to refresh the Lithium Ion batteries for those who are having battery problems.
So far today it seems really good. Maybe I just needed the charge while off.
I'm really interested in your battery life now after it's been 10 days. Is it still better than it was? If not, then yes, I'd say you got a bad battery.

OP
mgrande

mgrande

Reaction score
This is the best way to refresh the Lithium Ion batteries for those who are having battery problems.

I'm really interested in your battery life now after it's been 10 days. Is it still better than it was? If not, then yes, I'd say you got a bad battery.
It's better now. Almost 11pm and I'm at 41%