Extended battery for free

M

Mwsr

Well I seen some posts about the TB where people called in complained about battery life and Verizon sent them a extended battery for %50 off or free.. well I figured my battery life sucks to so I called in and complained.

Verizon sent me out a extended battery for my fascinate and battery cover free of charge.. just thought I'd share.

can + string on 2.1

SHAKE_JONES

Reaction score
Damn.... If I would've known this a month ago I could have taken advantage of this hahahaha

OP
M

Mwsr

Ya hopefully it works good

can + string on 2.1

Hymizzle

Reaction score
My battery now lasts from morning to past midnight. Try one of the kernels and calibrate your battery by following the battery wipe and discharge steps.

Keep me Fascinated
SC 2.9.2
EC10 Voodoo Lagfix
Nitro Dark v4

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
My battery now lasts from morning to past midnight. Try one of the kernels and calibrate your battery by following the battery wipe and discharge steps.

Keep me Fascinated
SC 2.9.2
EC10 Voodoo Lagfix
Nitro Dark v4

After rooting to the SC 2.9.2 how do I change to a new (faster) kernels? Or can I? And the look of the phone?

Superclean rooted froyo 2.9.2

Hymizzle

Reaction score
Download jts kernal voodoo+uv+music tweaks. Download straight using your phone from these forums, use the 4/7 voodoo.
Move it to the root of your sd card.
Boot into recovery (make sure you have the CWR All)
Wipe cache and Dalvik
Select install from zip from sd card.
Install kernel (dont reboot)
In voodoo enable lagfix, reboot.
You should here female robot voice, should take about 10 minutes.
Recommend Nito Dark v4 as a a.

Keep me Fascinated
SC 2.9.2
EC10 Voodoo Lagfix
Nitro Dark v4

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
Download jts kernal voodoo+uv+music tweaks. Download straight using your phone from these forums, use the 4/7 voodoo.
Move it to the root of your sd card.
Boot into recovery (make sure you have the CWR All)
Wipe cache and Dalvik
Select install from zip from sd card.
Install kernel (dont reboot)
In voodoo enable lagfix, reboot.
You should here female robot voice, should take about 10 minutes.
Recommend Nito Dark v4 as a a.

Keep me Fascinated
SC 2.9.2
EC10 Voodoo Lagfix
Nitro Dark v4

Thanks will look for it

SC froyo 2.9.2

OP
M

Mwsr

I just called 611 and talked to the rep...

can + string on 2.1

wilddoktor

Reaction score
I, too, called Verizon for a replacement battery (I'd unplug my phone @ 7am and it would be dead enough to shut down by 1pm). They were out of the regular battery, so they sent me a new extended battery plus cover.

Got it in about 4 days, installed it 2 days ago...and the extended battery lasts 2 hours longer. Yay! Now my phone dies @ 3pm! grrr...

Followed http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...roms-w-root-new-clockwork-updated-2-11-a.html this thread this morning and ran http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...asiest-way-version-1-2-10th-april-2011-a.html battery calibration from this thread. I'm hoping this will give me some more battery life, but it's not looking hopeful at this point.

Sheesh.

It's got to be something I'm doing; or something that happened recently. I've never gotten more than a full day (7am - 11pm) out of the original battery; but about a month or so ago the battery life started droping like a rock; within a week it went from 16hours of life to 5 hours of life.

I normally have all the gps/bluetooth/wireless radios off, don't play music, don't surf the web much, etc...just real light use. All I can think of is that I've got 465 contacts and check 4 email accounts once an hour and one email account every 5 minutes (it's my business account).

Not sure why I posted all this, except to maybe generate some more discussion. And because I'm avoiding doing real work... :)

wilddoktor

Reaction score
Well, I'm surprised. And pretty happy! Unplugged @ 7:45am with 100% full battery. It's now 4:15pm and my battery meter says 73%...not 0%!!

Sweet!

tallfun2002

Reaction score
welli talked to verizon for almost 3 hours total, trying to get a battery swap, if not to get extended battery, they cant help at all, you have to go to corporate store they meter your battery and go from there, so as to those that called verizon and got free extended batteries, its not true!!! ive even asked those for the number they called and what depasrtment they talked to and no once give a answer!!!!

wilddoktor

Reaction score
welli talked to verizon for almost 3 hours total, trying to get a battery swap, if not to get extended battery, they cant help at all, you have to go to corporate store they meter your battery and go from there, so as to those that called verizon and got free extended batteries, its not true!!! ive even asked those for the number they called and what depasrtment they talked to and no once give a answer!!!!

Hang on there a second, partner...I don't take kindly to being called a liar. If we were face to face, one of us would be on the ground because of talk like that.

You want a phone number? Do what the rest of us did: go into the store where you got your phone. Wait while the kid behind the counter who knows less than you do about your phone looks through it, asks how long you use wireless/bluetooth/gps, tells you "those things really drain the battery" (duh!), and finally determines that your battery really *is* toast. Then HE will give you a phone number to go home and call (since all the poking around he did on your phone drained what was left of your battery).

That's what I did. Then I called the number. I was *stunned* that a human answered after the 2nd ring. He spent 10 minutes with me verifying what the guy at the store already verified, and then told me he'd send me a battery. Two minutes after we hung up, he called me back...I about fainted...and told me they were out of stock of the regular batteries, so he's sending me an extended one (and a new cover) instead. Both of which I now have. As of this moment (8:30pm) that new battery still has 62% of it's charge left thanks to the work of the DEVS here (which I documented, above).

Anybody else that wants the phone number can private message me; but not you. You can go do it the hard way.

You want to call somebody a liar, you'd better be man enough to back it up.