Extended Battery for Droid

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by cece5702, Mar 12, 2011.

1. cece5702

cece5702 Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Is there an extended battery for the Droid and if so does it really work? I need to get one since I cant upgrade to the X until December 28th. :angry:

Oh and does it come with a back cover?

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Here's my suggestion. Get another regular battery on Amazon.com. $8.00. Get a wall charger from ebay. $5.00.

That will take care of any battery issue and is cheaper then getting an extended battery.

3. DroidToro

DroidToro Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There are several available, an official one from moto and some from both reputable and disreputable sources.

I have a 3800mah one that goes more than 24 hours but it's too big for most cases and my car dock. I got it on ebay but it looks just like to one from gorilla gadgets that some people give positive reviews. Still, be carefull buying on ebay.

I also have lots of spare stock batteries and external chargers. I carry charged cells in my bag and even my wallet. The stock cell seems to survive wallet crush without a problem.

Liberated Droid X

4. DroidToro

DroidToro Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Update: it's actually a 3500Mah and it seems to get close to 36+ hours, but I have yet to run it down all the way so it might be more. My droid X does not measure usage properly. I run down to 5% in 12 hours but the phone keeps chugging along for another 12-18. I usually plug it in before the last drop because I just don't know when it's gonna fail.

EDIT: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170608793001

#4 DroidToro, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
Search tags for this page

do droid x 3800mah batteries really work?