Extended Battery for Droid X

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Yeah I work for a State agency as well. I think I read where it's 15% discount.
Ok I'll check on that because I get the discount through my Verizon bill but was not aware of the accessories too. Thanks so much!
Yes, through my company, I get a discount on my monthly service and any accessories that I purchase. I have 2 desk docks, 1 car dock, extended battery, and the shell/beltclip combo. All purchased with my 25% off discount. There is no way I would have all of these without that discount available to me.

Most larger companies have agreements with the providers for discounts. My employer has something available with all 3. Verizon just happens to be the best of the 3 discounts as well as the best provider.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

If you are already getting a discount on your bill through your employer than that would also be applied to most accessories. All companies have different discount rates though. I work for the state of Wisconsin and I believe their discount is something like 15%, but I am on a family plan with my parents and through UPS where my Dad works the discount is 25%.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bkendrick

Reaction score
I have read that the stock door will fit with the extended battery. Any experience with that in here? True/False?

DX. CFU. LIB 1.5.

en28so

Reaction score
I have read that the stock door will fit with the extended battery. Any experience with that in here? True/False?

DX. CFU. LIB 1.5.
I wouldn't do this. It puts strain on your screen, and could possibly crack it later on. I use the door that the extended battery came with. They built the door for this battery for a reason. Don't do it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Technoman

Reaction score
+1 on using the door that came with the battery. I put the original door on the phone at first, but you could see the screen reacting to the excessive pressure that was being applied.

It only adds about 1/16th of an inch more to the back. It still fits fine with my shell/holster combo that I bought from the Verizon store, as well as in my desk and car docks.

pcw

Reaction score
Another vote for using an extended-life battery with the Droid X.

When I first got my DX, the battery life was LOUSY. I was shutting down apps left and right, limiting the number of widgets, etc., but still, I'd be hooking up the charger by lunchtime. Drove me NUTS.

After purchasing the BH6X extended battery from Verizon (1840 mAh), I could easily get through the entire day (and evening), depending on usage.

So yeah, IMHO, it's worth the investment.

ajb3985

Reaction score
Tried it but would not recommend it. It puts too much pressure from the back of the screen and over time it indents the battery as well

dAi

Reaction score
Yes it does the bh6x by motorola. If you have it overclocked then you won't notice a difference. Don't overclock your fone its not worth it