Extended Battery for Droid X

cece5702

Reaction score
Does the extended battery really make a difference? Just want to know before I waste my money!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Of course it does. The question should be whether or not it makes a big enough difference to justify the cost...and most users I would say, agree that it does.

Personally, I dont have one nor do I need one at this time. I get 17-22 hours of life out of my stock battery at this time with my normal use.:D

Good luck with your purchase if you do decide to get one...:)

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Ok well I'll wait and see how my X performs before I buy the extended battery! You get a lot of life out of yours, Wow!! Thanks!
Of course it does. The question should be whether or not it makes a big enough difference to justify the cost...and most users I would say, agree that it does.

Personally, I dont have one nor do I need one at this time. I get 17-22 hours of life out of my stock battery at this time with my normal use.:D

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
Personally, I think the purchase was well worth the cost. I get a very noticeable difference and now make it through the day with no problems. Just make sure you get the Motorola OEM battery and not a cheap knock off. I purchased mine through the Verizon website with a 25% off discount through my work and couldn't be happier. The only gripe I have is that my case no longer fits, but now I just roll naked now so it is much easier to use the car dock and docking station.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Thank you :)
Personally, I think the purchase was well worth the cost. I get a very noticeable difference and now make it through the day with no problems. Just make sure you get the Motorola OEM battery and not a cheap knock off. I purchased mine through the Verizon website with a 25% off discount through my work and couldn't be happier. The only gripe I have is that my case no longer fits, but now I just roll naked now so it is much easier to use the car dock and docking station.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Ok well I'll wait and see how my X performs before I buy the extended battery! You get a lot of life out of yours, Wow!! Thanks!

Yeah, I love my phone...but I sometimes think it is a freak when i hear others talk about the battery life they get...but then I have to remember that everyones use is going to be different...as well as what they term "normal", "moderate" or "heavy" use.

My "normal use" is below...others may consider this "light use"...just depends, so dont put too much weight on any one persons use statistics...do whats right for you..

Normally, I use my phone this way:
1-5 phone calls longer than 5 minutes
1-5 phone calls shorter than 5 minutes
20-50 text messages a day
5-30 minutes of DroidForums app sessions during the day
2 hours of mp3 playback to and from work while I am driving through the AUX port on my car stereo
3-5 quick checks and maybe 1-2 FaceBook posts
10-20 times a day I have to wake my phone to check the time since I stopped wearing a wristwatch again

My personal battery saving tips are as follows:

1) Go into Settings--->Battery--->Nightime Saver Mode..this is actually IMO a better setting than Maximum Saver, at least on my Droid X.

2) Your e-mail accounts, do they sync on their own? What type of schedule? Sync only over WiFi or over 3G as well? Set them for WiFI Only if you are in a good WiFi area...extend the times out if you are mostly on 3G.

3) What type of signal reception do you have, Great, Good, Lousy or 2 Soup Cans and some String? If your signal reception is Low, your phone will work harder trying to stay connected and trying to bounce between stronger towers. If signal is really bad, but a free WiFi connection is available, switch the WiFi on and keep it on until you are in a better 3G area.

4) Do you have any Social Widgets, RSS Feed Widgets, Weather Widgets or any other Widgets/Apps that like to update themselves regularly? If so, what are the refresh times for each? Can you set them to only update on a Manual Push? If not, then set the frequency to the longest permissible time frame for your ease of use and lifestyle.

Thats basically all my "tricks" that I utilize to keep my Droid X going for upwards of 17-20 hours on any given day....I hope they might help you as well..."

Technoman

Reaction score
And yes, the extended battery is better. I too get a 25% discount on accessories with my employee discount, so it didn't require that much thought.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
How do you get the discount? Is this a company discount like from your job?
And yes, the extended battery is better. I too get a 25% discount on accessories with my employee discount, so it didn't require that much thought.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Awesome!!! I'll try some of these tips :)

Yeah, I love my phone...but I sometimes think it is a freak when i hear others talk about the battery life they get...but then I have to remember that everyones use is going to be different...as well as what they term "normal", "moderate" or "heavy" use.

My "normal use" is below...others may consider this "light use"...just depends, so dont put too much weight on any one persons use statistics...do whats right for you..

Normally, I use my phone this way:
1-5 phone calls longer than 5 minutes
1-5 phone calls shorter than 5 minutes
20-50 text messages a day
5-30 minutes of DroidForums app sessions during the day
2 hours of mp3 playback to and from work while I am driving through the AUX port on my car stereo
3-5 quick checks and maybe 1-2 FaceBook posts
10-20 times a day I have to wake my phone to check the time since I stopped wearing a wristwatch again

My personal battery saving tips are as follows:

1) Go into Settings--->Battery--->Nightime Saver Mode..this is actually IMO a better setting than Maximum Saver, at least on my Droid X.

2) Your e-mail accounts, do they sync on their own? What type of schedule? Sync only over WiFi or over 3G as well? Set them for WiFI Only if you are in a good WiFi area...extend the times out if you are mostly on 3G.

3) What type of signal reception do you have, Great, Good, Lousy or 2 Soup Cans and some String? If your signal reception is Low, your phone will work harder trying to stay connected and trying to bounce between stronger towers. If signal is really bad, but a free WiFi connection is available, switch the WiFi on and keep it on until you are in a better 3G area.

4) Do you have any Social Widgets, RSS Feed Widgets, Weather Widgets or any other Widgets/Apps that like to update themselves regularly? If so, what are the refresh times for each? Can you set them to only update on a Manual Push? If not, then set the frequency to the longest permissible time frame for your ease of use and lifestyle.

Thats basically all my "tricks" that I utilize to keep my Droid X going for upwards of 17-20 hours on any given day....I hope they might help you as well..."

Technoman

Reaction score

Yes, through my company, I get a discount on my monthly service and any accessories that I purchase. I have 2 desk docks, 1 car dock, extended battery, and the shell/beltclip combo. All purchased with my 25% off discount. There is no way I would have all of these without that discount available to me.

Most larger companies have agreements with the providers for discounts. My employer has something available with all 3. Verizon just happens to be the best of the 3 discounts as well as the best provider.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Ok I'll check on that because I get the discount through my Verizon bill but was not aware of the accessories too. Thanks so much!

Yes, through my company, I get a discount on my monthly service and any accessories that I purchase. I have 2 desk docks, 1 car dock, extended battery, and the shell/beltclip combo. All purchased with my 25% off discount. There is no way I would have all of these without that discount available to me.

Most larger companies have agreements with the providers for discounts. My employer has something available with all 3. Verizon just happens to be the best of the 3 discounts as well as the best provider.

baker355

Reaction score
I think the extended battery was well worth the money. My DX lasts all day and I only need to charge it in the evening.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
It only last for a day? I was hoping for at least a day and a half. Lol
I think the extended battery was well worth the money. My DX lasts all day and I only need to charge it in the evening.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
Ok I'll check on that because I get the discount through my Verizon bill but was not aware of the accessories too. Thanks so much!

If you are already getting a discount on your bill through your employer than that would also be applied to most accessories. All companies have different discount rates though. I work for the state of Wisconsin and I believe their discount is something like 15%, but I am on a family plan with my parents and through UPS where my Dad works the discount is 25%.