Extended Battery for CDMA Galaxy Nexus

doublea500

Reaction score
I posted this thread on xda as well. 45 minutes have past and 0 replies. I learned my lesson i guess :happy:

I am looking for an extended cdma galaxy nexus battery. i am not interested at all in the 2100 mah one at vzw (idont even think that the $25 is a sale, since its the starting out price...) but im looking for a larger higher capacity battery. one to keep my phone lasting throughout the day nomatter how much i use it. Well i was unable to find any but that small 2100 mah one so i went on ebay. would this beast/mammoth/whatever is really big work with the cdma galaxy nexus? http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-3500MAH-...c#ht_750wt_932 or even this... i have no words now http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-3800mAh-E...#ht_4625wt_946 i know it doesnt have nfc, but i am willing to give that up for battery life.

why pay $25 for only a 300 mah increase (maybe an hour of battery...) when i can get more then two 2x my battery life for less. (once again, i dont care about nfc, i can live with the bulk)

if there are any other extended batteries that are compatible with the cdma version, please post and let me know!

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Those will only work for the GSM version but I would imagine we will start seeing some more for the CDMA Nexus here soon enough.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Be careful with some of the non-namebrand batteries. They can be problematic. Some may not hold a charge as well as the stock battery. I have seen many reports of folks with the "super" extended batteries, where they actually have less battery life when in theory it should last 2 - 3 times as much.

Also, some batteries are potentially fire hazards.

I can't specifically say anything about either of those, those could be fine. But there are some "cheap" extended batteries out there that aren't very good.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah I generally will never buy any battery outside of the OEM. There is a reason they are a lot cheaper. The age old saying holds true, you get what you pay for.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Yes. I have read some stories about them... :p. not always the greatest.
I would just get one of the rechargers if you're that worried about battery life. With me, if I know I'm going to be out a while, I just grab my wall charger and carry it around with me. There are plugs everywhere. Plus I just always plug in when I'm in the car! :)

Sent from the best phone on Verizon!

OP
doublea500

doublea500

Reaction score
Kk ty for the replies guys.i really only need to make sure the battery lasts. i guess I'll wait till i can trust a battery before i buy.i thought about getting a charger but if rather not bring it along wherever i go and then wait for it to charge the phone.

Reaction score
yeah I generally will never buy any battery outside of the OEM. There is a reason they are a lot cheaper. The age old saying holds true, you get what you pay for.

this. i don't want to experience a spontaneously combusting phone :icon_eek:

???

Reaction score
why won't the gsm stuff fit the lte ones? I thought it was just thicker?

anyways, a 3500ma battery would be handy to have around, not daily use for me but swap it in for traveling, since traveling always seems to eat my batteries twice as fast as normal. going in and out of service I guess, which i expect to be even worse with this nexus, since my d1 was way better at picking up signal than this thing seems to be even around town.

a wall charger would be nice about now for me thou haha

OP
doublea500

doublea500

Reaction score
Amazon.com: Hyperion Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G 2 x Battery + Charger (Compatible Only with Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G SCH-i515): Cell Phones & Accessories

Maybe that would help you out? Two 1900mAh batteries + charger for $30. 3 people have reviewed them, of the 3 only 2 purchased but both seem satisfied. The third guy just wants everyone to know that they won't have NFC.

For the 30, I don't think 50 may is worth it. I know its two more batteries but I've had bad experiences with extra batteries on my d1. Thanks for looking,I really appreciate it!

???

Reaction score
on a side note, I emailed the guy in that link with the charger and 2 batteries and he said he will sell just the wall charger. without the batteries. which is the first I've found by itself. so i ordered one today, see what happens. i'm guessing it will fits my samsung extended battery.

OP
doublea500

doublea500

Reaction score
one more question.

if you look at the picture on this battery 2X 1900mAh STANDARD BACKUP BATTERY POWER REPAIR FOR SAMSUNG I9250 GALAXY NEXUS | eBayt says its 4g lte as well.

then i found this- 2x 3600mAh Extended Battery For Samsung Galaxy Nexus Google Galaxy Nexus i9250 | eBayhich is the same type of battery and it says 4g lte but on the description it says not compatible with the 4g lte version

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
one more question.

if you look at the picture on this battery 2X 1900mAh STANDARD BACKUP BATTERY POWER REPAIR FOR SAMSUNG I9250 GALAXY NEXUS | eBayt says its 4g lte as well.

then i found this- 2x 3600mAh Extended Battery For Samsung Galaxy Nexus Google Galaxy Nexus i9250 | eBayhich is the same type of battery and it says 4g lte but on the description it says not compatible with the 4g lte version

To my knowledge the batteries that work with the GSM version will not work with the LTE model. I believe the battery connectors are different on the GSM version.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score