Extended Battery Cover + Verizon Rubberized Case

Tzabar

Reaction score
Hello all,

I read on this forum that people were able to fit their Droid Pros with extended battery covers into the Verizon rubberized case + holster. With that in mind, I went to the Verizon store to pick up both items. Though they were out of stock, the guy working there told me that combination wouldn't work - if I managed to make it all fit, it would create excess pressure on the screen and cause a number of problems.

Has anyone experienced this? Heard of any such problems from others?

Before I spent the $50, I figured I'd turn here to get definitive opinions and empirically driven results.

Thank you.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hello all,

I read on this forum that people were able to fit their Droid Pros with extended battery covers into the Verizon rubberized case + holster. With that in mind, I went to the Verizon store to pick up both items. Though they were out of stock, the guy working there told me that combination wouldn't work - if I managed to make it all fit, it would create excess pressure on the screen and cause a number of problems.

Before I spent the $50, I figured I'd turn here to get definitive opinions and empirically driven results.

Thank you.
I'm not sure we're talking about the same product, but I have the Verizon sleeve + holster with extended battery and cover, not sure if Verizon still carries that product. See this video:[video=youtube;QsISpdutaIg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsISpdutaIg[/video]. If this is the same product you're talking about, it will work with the Pro, but you have "warm" the sleeve up a little (use a hair dryer). After a couple of minutes warming it up, the sleeve will snap securely around the Pro. I use it and it works like a charm. After the sleeve has been on the Pro for a couple of hours there is no need to warm the sleeve up every time you remove it.

Last edited:

chaihg

Reaction score
Can you please explain how you "Warm up the sleeve"? I dont think it is like what it is in my head.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Can you please explain how you "Warm up the sleeve"? I dont think it is like what it is in my head.
The sleeve is initially very stiff and its hard to get it to snap around the phone. You can warm the sleeve any number of ways, I just recommend using a hair dryer. When you raise the temperature of the sleeve it becomes more flexible and makes snapping the sleeve around the phone easier. You simply let the hot air from the hair dryer blow across the sleeve...that is how you "Warm up the sleeve".

imbatman58

Reaction score
Are there any other cases that fit with the extended battery cover? I have been trying to find this out for a while. I ordered a generic gel case as well as this one and I am hoping one of them fits.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Are there any other cases that fit with the extended battery cover? I have been trying to find this out for a while. I ordered a generic gel case as well as this one and I am hoping one of them fits.
I honestly don't know. I quick looking after I got the Verizon sleeve+holster.

imbatman58

Reaction score
A review for this gel case says it will work with ext. batt.

[h=1]Amzer Silicone Skin Jelly Case for Motorola DROID PRO[/h]

OP
T

Tzabar

Reaction score
JP,

That's exactly the case I was talking about. How long have you been using it with the extended battery cover? Have you seen no detrimental effects on the screen or elsewhere?

Thanks.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
JP,

That's exactly the case I was talking about. How long have you been using it with the extended battery cover? Have you seen no detrimental effects on the screen or elsewhere?

Thanks.
I started using it shortly after I got the PRO...late Nov 2010. I have experienced absolutely no detrimental effects on the screen or anything else for that matter. If I remember correctly, this sleeve+holster combo was advertised to be compatible with the extended battery and battery cover. I don't know why the Verizon tech told you it was not recommend for your phone. Like I said in the above thread, when you first try to put it on the phone it will behave like it doesn't fit. If you warm up the sleeve a little it will snap on, but it is a tight fit at first. After a few days of being on the phone it will snap on and off with little effort.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Hello all,

Thank you.

I've been using this shell with my Droid Pro since I got it (not the holster because I'm a pocket guy). The case puts no excess pressure on the phone whatsoever. It's made to work with the extended battery as well. I never had to warm mine up either. It has always snapped on and off with ease. The rep in the store was probably thinking about other phones, like the Droid X/X2, where that is a legitimate problem for extended batteries and cases. It's not an issue with the Droid Pro in the slightest.

And it's really just about the only hard shell case out there that fits with the extended battery, and it fits extremely well. So don't worry about it causing any issues.

OP
T

Tzabar

Reaction score
I really appreciate your input. I'll order both right now.

And because it can't hurt to ask: since going to the extended battery, are you guys also seeing the 30% gains reported elsewhere on this forum?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I really appreciate your input. I'll order both right now.

And because it can't hurt to ask: since going to the extended battery, are you guys also seeing the 30% gains reported elsewhere on this forum?
Yes, at least 30% in my case. My phone is on about 16 hours a day. I usually respond to about 30 emails, 15-20 test messages, make or receive 10-15 phone calls (2-5 minute conversations) and browse the web for about 15 minutes a day. I usually have 60-65% battery left when I turn the phone off to charge overnight.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Yes, at least 30% in my case. My phone is on about 16 hours a day. I usually respond to about 30 emails, 15-20 test messages, make or receive 10-15 phone calls (2-5 minute conversations) and browse the web for about 15 minutes a day. I usually have 60-65% battery left when I turn the phone off to charge overnight.

I concur. I've seen at least a 30% increase, and I have no issues with getting through a day of heavy usage.