Extended Battery Case for GN5 - Thoughts ??

Removable Battery and SD Card or Not ??

• I prefer the non-removable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

spydergirl

Reaction score
I currently have the GN2 and am looking to upgrade to the 5, but have the same reservations as everyone else. I travel alot without always easy access to charging ports, so I've always used the (beast) Hyperion extended battery with customized back to support heavy usage while traveling. (It turns the phone into a heavy ton brick, but works great.) I'm a little reluctant about the non-removable battery and SD, but realize that this seems to be the new wave of the future for all tech devices.

If I upgrade to the 5, I'm looking at this option for the device and wondered if you have any other thoughts, experience, or suggestions for extended battery cases for the GN5?

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Battery Extender Case (4200 mAH)

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm personally not a fan of these battery cases, or cases in general. Considering non-removable batteries are the future, I do have a few power banks lying around that never really saw much use unless there was a power outage or something.

If I were to upgrade to the latest Samsung device today, or any other device for that matter, I'd opt for power banks. They've gone down in price significantly, down in size as well, and are easy to transport. They provide more than enough of a "boost" to your device without having to add significant bulk to your phone.

Just my .02

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I agree with dezymond. Power banks are much more affordable and very convenient. One I have charges my phone to full capacity, is about half the size of my phone and only cost about $20. I also have one that can be solar charged although I have yet to try it on my N5.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
The good news about the Note 5 is it's battery is quite good. It also recharges very fast. My battery bank works very well I just wish it wasn't so thick.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk